Visa Run: HK or Chiang Mai

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVisa Run: HK or Chiang Mai

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I got bit by the visa gods. I have done both runs (Chiang Mai and Hong Kong) multiple times, but I know some things may have changed. I need an expedited L visa, I need to return to China on Friday the 25th, I will be able to present my docs on Tuesday the 22nd. I know HK has same day, next day services, I just need to know if that is still going on, if anyone has had problems, and if Chiang Mai has the same service.

Cheers,

Sascha

Participant

I came back from Hong Kong a week ago. Been on a few F visas from there before. This time I applied for 30 days L visa. The agency I go to(Forever Bright Trading) said that it’s unsure whether I’ll get the visa. Perhaps get it, perhaps only 14 days, perhaps rejected.

I didn’t get the 30 days I applied for – instead I got 14 days L visa. Took 3 working days I think. I’m pretty sure FBT can’t do expedited visas nowadays, but contact them and find out.

Participant

@Nikas: did you need invitation letter or hotel receipts?

Participant

Sascha when I was in Canada, they had expedited service (next business day). I am assuming every country has the expedited service if you pay the extra fee. The country’s consulate website should have the fee list and waiting period.

Visa situation these days sounds rough 🙁

Participant

@Nikas: did you need invitation letter or hotel receipts?

Nope

Keymaster

I think it’s a lot tougher in Thailand than in Hong Kong. The visa situation tends to constantly change, but the last time I got a China visa in Thailand that was the case. A friend of mine got a China visa in Thailand about a year ago and they insisted on seeing proof of a hotel room being booked for every day that he said he was going to be in China. I’ve never heard of them doing that in Hong Kong.

Participant

Im doing visa run to Australia and apparently i need hotel receipts and/or invitation letter from a friend (for a tourist visa)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.