Visiting Leshan Buddha

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVisiting Leshan Buddha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this..

Seeing that zebra got cancelled, I thought I might as well do the tourist thing on Monday, which is Leshan Buddha, do you know if I could do the tour in one day? Also what is the going price for a tour like this? (Don’t want to be ripped off)

Could you recommend tour guides leaving from Chengdu?

If anyone wants to join, you’re more than welcome

Participant

Friends of mine tried to visit Leshan last Monday 22 april, but were turned back by huge traffic jams of vehicles trying to get in and out of the Ya’an earthquake area. I’d check that out before going if I were you.

Participant

Considering it will be a national holiday the place might be swarming with people though. When I went during to see the giant Buddha during the last holiday period there was a 2+ hour queue to get to the Buddha’s feet…

I’d recommend going when most people are working or a regular weekend.

Participant

Totally agree w Lino, don’t go during the holiday, it’ll be a zoo, play frisbee golf instead

Participant

Are you serious? Will go on a normal weekend then,tnx!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Totally agree w Lino, don’t go during the holiday, it’ll be a zoo, play frisbee golf instead

Yes, this. Don’t go during a national holiday, there will be a ludicrous amount of people there. If you can, go on a weekday, not even a normal weekend! It’s absolutely worth visiting though, the surrounding park near the Buddha is really cool.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.