Visiting Vancouver – Suggestions?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVisiting Vancouver – Suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone I am hoping to get accommodation info on Vancouver, Canada.

I am planning to visit there in a few months time and will stay for 4 weeks, I don’t want to shell out mega bucks on a hotel so does anyone on this forum know of cheap short term apartments or what is best for 4 weeks accommodation in Vancouver.

Anyone with any inside info would really be helping me out thank you guys.

Diamond

Hey Diamond, I spent 4 years living in Vancouver before moving out to Chengdu, so I have some insight. When I first arrived I found temporary digs on Craigslist, Vancouver tends to use the accommodation section of the site consistently. I ended up renting a huge Pre-war co-op apartment from a holidaying couple for $800 a month. I’d suggest you start looking now and try and book something ahead of time. Good areas to rent for decent money are anywhere off Main Street, or over on the East Side. Transport is good in the city, so being out of the downtown (Yaletown for example) won’t be difficult and will save you a ton on rent. The only other thing I would say which might already be obvious, is don’t send any money ahead of time if you can help it, there are a few scammers operating in the city, advertising supposedly available apartments and then offing with any money they take as deposit.

Keymaster

Four weeks in Vancouver sounds like an great trip. Beautiful city, have fun. I don’t have much practical advice to offer but I visited there for the first time last summer for 10 days and had an excellent time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.