Home›Forums›General Discussion›Volunteering Opportunities in Chengdu
- This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Julian09.
February 5, 2013 at 7:27 am #10108
Anyone have any connections to volunteering possibilities in Chengdu for a native English/non-Chinese speaking person? I was thinking of advertising for an English-speaking practice group, as in organizing one. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone who’s had experience volunteering in Chengdu.February 5, 2013 at 8:03 am #26675JazzParticipant
I can volunteer. Need to practice my English speaking/hearing/reading(sound) and writing lol.February 5, 2013 at 8:06 am #26676JazzParticipant
I had experience translating papers and documents. Is that ok? I can organ a party or discussings meetings. PM me.February 6, 2013 at 8:43 am #26732Chris ZiichModerator
Try looking up English Corner at Sichuan University. I believe they usually have it on Friday nights.
Also Mandarin Corner at Creative Spaces at 35 Hong Xing Lu sometimes will have language exchange as well as free Chinese classes.February 7, 2013 at 5:11 pm #26790EricParticipant
Sadly, volunteering isn’t a very “Chinese” thing. I used to be a very active Rotary Club member, but felt a little culture-shock that there is no volunteering here. Here are some of the activities you can join if you are interested still.
1) Satellite Rotary Club for Beijing (Please PM)
2) Toastmasters （If you look on the Toastmasters, site you will see there are several clubs here, however quite a number of them are company-exclusive)
3) Church: I know there are several church in Chengdu. There is Christian service near Tongzilin every Sunday. There are also Morman services here. (Please PM)
4) As Chris mentioned, there are also a number of English Corners. There’s a group that meets on Friday, and another Sat/Sun (I forget), but I’ve never been to them.
5) CouchsurfingFebruary 7, 2013 at 5:28 pm #26791
Thanks for the replies! I’ll definitely check out the English corners and also the Chinese classes at Creative Spaces.February 8, 2013 at 1:31 am #26798JonMember
i singed up some days ago. It will be my first experience with this organization, but i hope it goes well.
My chinese is also limited. Have a look 🙂February 8, 2013 at 2:34 am #26806
Hands on Chengdu looks like a very cool program. Thanks! I’ll check that out, too.February 11, 2013 at 4:37 am #26844shuParticipant
Do you know ” Global Fortune Forum” which will be heild in CD this June
Why dunt u find the website and have a try?February 11, 2013 at 4:40 am #26845shuParticipant
Sadly, volunteering isn’t a very “Chinese” thing. I used to be a very active Rotary Club member, but felt a little culture-shock that there is no volunteering here.
I am Chinese and I disagree that.
I often be the volunteer in when I was in Sichuan Unv
Maybe you find the wrong time and projectFebruary 13, 2013 at 6:08 am #26902YANG SHUMember
handsonchengdu is pretty good!
i’ve participated its project for several times
i will go to join one on 23rd of Feb.
check its website:
good luck!February 16, 2013 at 3:16 pm #26998
Thanks, again for the replies. I’ll definitely check out Handson Chengdu.
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.