VPN Problems Recently?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVPN Problems Recently?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Interesting link… sometimes it’s really difficult understand rules of this country…

Participant

The one called Green VPN seems pretty good. my friend is using that and he can even watch u2b on his iphone.

Participant

I’m using now JulyRush VPN, really a good service for 9.9 usd/month and you can choose server between:

– PPTP

– L2TP

– SSH

– Open VPN

– CISCO IPsec

Participant

Yes Fede,the rules are not very transparent,and probably are not meant to be.Stong apologising to the Chinese govt???I doubt.Seems like you should have a local VPN.

As “July Rush” is a new service(for you),I don’t see how you can say it is a good service.Wait a week or three.

Participant

Yes, for me it’s new because I’m trying to use this service from a week, but it’s a good service because you can use SSH protocol and CISCO IPsec than another VPN usually don’t offer.

For now these 2 ways aren’t blocked from GW like sometimes PPTP and L2TP protocol.

And the support people that spoke with me, stay in Chengdu, so for me sound good!

P.S.: Sure, StrongVPN I still think it’s a nice service (a little expensive and with a limited server switching), but I don’t agree DMCA policy that this company follow. This is my personal thinking.

Quote:
    As “July Rush” is a new service(for you),I don’t see how you can say it is a good service.Wait a week or three.

I’d like to say myself having used Julyrush for over a year that the service has been solid after some early teething problems. I use both Mac & Windows, and until the recent clamp down the service has always been stable over multiple servers. It’s also ridiculously cheap, even more so now in light of the fact that they’ve increased the number of servers since November, on top of introducing their own port switching OpenVPN client for Windows, and dedicating 2 servers to the Mac enabled Cisco IPsec protocol. The OpenVPN client is particularly neat as it lets you Ping all the servers at once before choosing a connection. Support has also been improved, with most responses coming well within 30 minutes.

Frederico mentions these guys are also in Chengdu, so as a local business they deserve some support. I know having spoken with them personally they are trying hard to make the service as reliable as possible, working with outside technical help to do so. I hope they keep making a go of it, as so far for me as I say, they’ve been solid.

*I have not been reimbursed for these statements. 😀

Participant

Thank you for sharing Brendan.Now Charlie can add a 5th VPN.

Participant

For now I’m changing VPN at every subscription renewal (every 1 or 3 month) for check stability/speed/service quality…

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.