What distinguishes Chengdu from other Chinese cities?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhat distinguishes Chengdu from other Chinese cities?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yeah, I know it is a lame question, but I was asked to write an answer to this that will go onto a brochure for Sichuan University. I have no clue why I was asked to write it since I’ve only been here a couple of weeks, so I’m asking you guys who really know the city. I’m not asking people to write it for me, all I want is people to throw out some things and then I can write something up later.

This forum is so powerful that people even think it could be used to cheat in examination.

Keymaster

1. Sichuan cuisine (the best food in China)

2. Chengdu is laid back (despite a population of 12 million)

3. Home base of pandas

4. One of the fastest growing cities in China

Participant

Charlie already took most of the points I wanted to say.

5) Apparently, Chengdu is 2nd in most rich people in a city (though I don’t know how it’s really calculated).

6) Apparently, Chengdu is the 2nd most gay-friendly city in China.

7) There is a mix of modern china, but also traditional China. Many of China’s large cities miss out on the history and traditional part.

8) Because of the many non-super-developed areas around Chengdu, there is a lot of beautiful nature and scenery not far from town!

9) Apparently Chengdu has the prettiest girls in China, because of their awesome skin. (But everyone makes these types of statements about their own city)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.