What's Happening at Nuhi's

HomeForumsIn ChengduWhat's Happening at Nuhi's

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

This is the first message in a thread in which I will keep all viewers updated on stuff that’s going on at Nuhi’s Deli (see listings).

In short, we offer very basic Italian-inspired dishes like thin crust pizzas and pastas, accompanied by more French inspired bread and pastry. All as fresh as can be, using only the best ingredients. The deli-part means that we sell the products that we use in the kitchen over the counter as well. Some examples: a full sized French baguette (280gr) 12RMB, Ciabatta 12RMB, hand rolled butter croissants 18RMB (not always available, it’s very laborious without a dough sheeter). We always have at least five different cheeses in stock as well as seven types of cured meats like salami, bresaola and mortadella.

We’ve been open for six months now. Things have been rocky the last two months, reflected by some irregularity in opening hours for which I am ashamed and apologise. I have now chosen to limit opening hours in order to be able to keep quality at par. Our approach requires a lot of prepping and most of that is done by me personally. We are open Wed-Fri 18:00-22:00 (kitchen 18:00-21:00) and Sat/Sun 12:00-22:00 (kitchen 12:00-14:00 and 18:00-21:00). In due time we will expand on those hours again. On weekdays I can accommodate booked group lunches (4+ people).

Slowly we will start to introduce themed events. All about food and accompanying drinks. Since part of my staff is from India and I’ve asked them to teach me about curries, we decided to offer the curries being made in the process to the public. The first one, coming Thursday November 27th, will be Chicken Masala. It is Thanksgiving but I assume there’s people around who don’t celebrate that :-).

Chicken Masala with rice and/or our homemade bread with a green salad with yoghurt dressing on the side RMB48. Heavy discounts on the imported beers (Beerlao, several Duvel-brands) as well.

Rsvp required, we have 20 seats and they’re going fast. Real home made curry, that’s hard to come by.

Cheers,
    Nuhi

Participant

Hi all,

After last months successful Curry Night (which we will definitely repeat!) this month there’s of course a special Christmas deal at Nuhi’s. December 24th (starting at 18:00) and December 25th (starting at 15:00) Nuhi’s offers a choice of 4- or 5 course Christmas Dinner (with optional wine selection by the glass to match the dishes). We will serve:
    – A surprise entree;
    – Creamy bell-pepper soup;
    (- Handmade pasta with basil, 5-course only);
    – Roast goose in orange sauce with roast potato and apple and a celery root and rocket salad;
    – Eclair with chocolate / ginger ganache.

Prices are RMB 198 for the 4 courses and RMB 228 for the 5 courses. The wine selection will be announced shortly. Please book your seat(s) in time, there are limited seats available. Bookings through [email protected] or telephone 18787934545.

Next to that, we have started offering bake-off pizza! Take your frozen Nuhi’s pizza home, bake off for ten minutes at 180C and let your kitchen fill up with the scents of Tuscany! 25cm Margherita for RMB 48. Other toppings upon request. Wholesale prices available with a minimum order of 20 pieces. Information through [email protected] or 18787934545.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Nuhi

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

That looks delicious. Thanks for the update Nuhi.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.