Where do you get your Chengdu News?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere do you get your Chengdu News?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been looking and there’s no new news about the new malls…

1) There’s the Raffles City that just opened up.

2) The 90s or 95 mall that is soon coming to the Hi-Tech Zone.

3) The Times Square Mall opening soon at Incubation Park.

4) Ocean Park opening soon in Incubation Park.

WHY DO I NO HEAR ANY OF THIS ON THE FORUMS!? It seems like we’re all just foodies on this forum. -__-

Participant

Are you saying they will be serving food there?

Participant

well.. i suppose malls have food.

Participant

Where are you getting your intel from then? Share what you learn boy!

Participant

subway ads…

Participant

Intel i7 or Intel Pentium 4… no because there is big difference… Ok ok, I’m going to kill myself alone…

Keymaster

1) I doubt many people really care

2) I doubt many people really care

3) I doubt many people really care

4) It’s not opening soon, it’s opening next year

Keymaster

I get most of my Chengdu news on Weibo by the way. That’s the place to get news in China if you want to stay up on what’s happening.

Participant

Gossip, rumor. But I guess that’s the same as Weibo.

Totally agree that more people here don’t seem that interested in local news/developments. But maybe that’s because there are just so many changes it’s too much effort to keep up with them.

then separating the actual information from the other stuff seems more effort too. see Chengdu Metro website on the other thread

Participant

Most expensive apple I’ve seen in Chengdu at the Raffles City supermarket, Treat.

SANY0099-S.jpg

To be fair though, everything else seemed only just a little more expensive than Carrefour. But I’d definitely buy this Tiramisu cake for a party for 108 kuai; way cheaper than Ganso, I think.

SANY0101-S.jpg

Lots of foreign food stuff in there. Treat is a large supermarket. The mall is great, too, and a fairly nice crowd of people; not dead empty like lots of other upscale malls in town.

Participant

treat is awesome. ive been raving about the 12 kuai cans of soup, and chicken of the sea tuna!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Most expensive apple I’ve seen in Chengdu at the Raffles City supermarket, Treat.

Wow, look at that. I thought Ito Yokado had the most expensive apples. Those are more expensive by a long shot though.

Participant

Last year we talked about Lotte, the large South Korean chain opening a department store in chengdu. It will be located in the Eastern side of Jinjiang distrct, and I believe also subway accessible.

Still waiting for new news, but the date is still set for April 2013 as it appears. This month they will be auctioning plots for shops and such I believe.

Just 1 more month!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Last year we talked about Lotte, the large South Korean chain opening a department store in chengdu. It will be located in the Eastern side of Jinjiang distrct, and I believe also subway accessible.

Never been to a Lotte. Is the opening of this department store a big deal?

Participant

Lotte isn’t open yet. But yes. It kindof is if you love Korea and Korean products!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotte_(conglomerate)

http://www.lotte.com/main/viewMain.lotte?dpml_no=1&check=N

Participant

Oh China…

Postponed until August now.

But they have begun hiring people to work at the mall. I think it is 2000~3000/month.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.