Where do you get your news?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere do you get your news?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

These days I mostly go to the Drudge Report website for the big news. It was recommended to me by a radio show a while ago. I don’t know if anyone here on the forum uses Drudge Report as well. If you do, what do you think about it? If not, what is your favorite place to get the news?

Participant

Don’t trust entirely most news sources as every paper will have their own agenda no matter how moderate they seem. For big international stories I would tend to go search out some of the local papers in that area after hear about the stories in my own country.

Don’t trust the news agencies either as most have a very particular slant. Not a criticism or meant to be offensive to any Americans here but the agencies are mostly based in NY and are very political. I don’t trust our own national papers as a lot of stories originate from the big news agencies. If I’m bored anywhere really, there are plenty of tabloid newspapers online in uk and websites in US.

Keymaster

The Drudge Report isn’t always bad, but it is heavily biased towards a conservative audience which you should know about. Balance it with something like The Huffington Post which is very liberal.

Here’s where I get my news though:

World News on Reddit – community cultivated news. The comments are fantastic.

Google News – general news on all things

Techmeme – IT industry news

Participant

lucianne.com is pretty good. Lots of stories from various sources all over the world.

Participant

Thank you all so much for the replies. I’m figuring from now on I won’t be limiting myself to only one source for news anymore with your helpful suggestions. I’m checking out all the sites you guys suggested and learning a whole new lot. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.