Where Should I Buy a Macbook Charger?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere Should I Buy a Macbook Charger?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know where I can purchase a macbook charger? Also, if anyone has an extra one that I can buy off of you please let me know!

Participant

There are loads of (fake) Apple stores around town. I’m sure they’ll sell all kind of Apple chargers.

Participant

Computer City @ 1st Ring road and Ren Min Nan Lu. Or you can search on Taobao for a place in Chengdu. I went with a friend who picked one up the other week, the guy asked for 700 kuai, he paid 180, try for 180.

Keymaster

I’ve bought a few near Century City (世纪城) on 1st Ring Road. I always buy Mac accessories from this guy, his named is Wang Bin, his phone number is 159-8226-2878. Super low prices, he can get pretty much any Mac accessory for cheap.

I suggest that you just get from authorized Apple resellers for your mac accessories. It would be hard and sort of a gamble if you get something locally made or even those which are branded because you do not know the quality of it. It might even cause problems that would surely prove to be very disappointing on your side. They are a bit more pricey but you are sure of what you get, on top of that, they are warranted so that should any problem arise, you can have it repaired/replaced.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I suggest that you just get from authorized Apple resellers for your mac accessories. It would be hard and sort of a gamble if you get something locally made or even those which are branded because you do not know the quality of it. It might even cause problems that would surely prove to be very disappointing on your side.

That’s true, although I’m not sure what that process is like in China. In the states you just go to an Apple store, but since there isn’t one in Chengdu (yet), that might be a little tricky.

Before I left Chengdu I got a new charger for my Macbook Pro (the 180 yuan one) and Justin got a new Macbook Pro at the same time. Later that night we compared the two chargers side by side, they are identical. And strangely, his ended up not working after one day! It really looks like they come off the same assembly line though, there is literally no discernible difference in weight, materials or appearance.

Quote:
    It really looks like they come off the same assembly line though, there is literally no discernible difference in weight, materials or appearance.

If only I could find the MacBook Pro’s coming off that same line, being sold at back door prices!!

Anyone!?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    If only I could find the MacBook Pro’s coming off that same line, being sold at back door prices!!

Anyone!?

If only… unfortunately you’ll pay 10-40% more for Apple computers in China. The cheapest place to buy Mac computers in the world is Hong Kong though, not far away.

Participant
    Quote:
    The cheapest place to buy Mac computers in the world is Hong Kong though, not far away.

Does someone know what the price of the new iPad is going to be or already is in Hong Kong ?

Keymaster

It’s going to be the same price as the current iPad, which starts at 3,900 HKD. More info here: Apple iPad Hong Kong.

Also, “the new iPad” goes on sale on March 16th in Hong Kong, the same date as it goes on sale in the US. In the past, there has been a delay of several months before the new models are available in Hong Kong. The 3rd generation iPad probably won’t be available in China until summer, or later.

Quote:
    The cheapest place to buy Mac computers in the world is Hong Kong though, not far away.

Works out nicely that I’m there twice in the next five weeks, and eyeing up a new MacBook/Mac Mini.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.