Where to get Rugs Cleaned in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduWhere to get Rugs Cleaned in Chengdu?

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoSS.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I bought a few rugs off the forum about a year ago or so and need to get them cleaned now. I have no idea where to get rugs cleaned. Any ideas? These need to be deep cleaned for sure.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Participant

I know near niushikou subway station there is a laundry/dry cleaners. I always see blankets there so I’m sure they can handle a rug. Do you know where the 7-11 is between niuwangmiao & niushikou (forgot that streets name)? It’s next to it.

Keymaster

There are plenty of laundry and dry cleaning places near me but I’ve asked a few of them and none of them can (or are willing to) clean rugs.

Participant

We literally just threw one away and got a new one. I think it was about 900rmb.

I should clarify. I came back from OZ and _it was thrown away for me_. 😀

Rugs can be picked up cheap at Bai….shit, it’s on 3rd ring southwest – a big furniture/etc market, some nice ones too.

Participant

I’m pretty sure Charlie’s sentimentally attached to these rugs, Rick.

Maybe you could try and find some shake and vac? Or even rent a carpet cleaner?

Participant

My experience is not the same as Charlie’s; lots of places will clean rugs. I used to get mine cleaned all the time but it was cotton and not that heavy. You need to tell the cleaner the size, weight, and material of your rug for them to know if they can really do it or not. Wool and silk are the most expensive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.