Where to Stay in Chengdu?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsWhere to Stay in Chengdu?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi. I will be moving to Chengdu from 1st of September to 1st of December, while I am interning for a company here.

Where is the best place to live?

My priorities are:

-safe area

-relatively cheap-maximum 150euros/household member

-easy to go downtown

-international people or ‘things’ happening around that area

Thank you in advance.

Participant

Ciao! Alberto, I got a friend has the same name as you:)

It’s depends on where do you work. While usually the area around Tongzilin, kehuabeilu, First Ring Road, Jiuyan qiao are idea areas for foreigners. There are a lot of bars around that area and many foreigners around.

For your preferred rent, it’s better to find yourself a flatmate, otherwise the rent will probably be higher than 150 euro if you want to find a decent flat.

Participant

There’s always people looking for room-mates on this forum – People with spare rooms and whatnot. Here’s a hot post from a few days ago. It seems to meet your needs perfectly. Safe location, already down town, foreigners and foreign bars on your doorstep.

Participant

Thank you very much for your input.

Keymaster

Ciao! Alberto, I got a friend has the same name as you:)

It’s depends on where do you work. While usually the area around Tongzilin, kehuabeilu, First Ring Road, Jiuyan qiao are idea areas for foreigners. There are a lot of bars around that area and many foreigners around.

For your preferred rent, it’s better to find yourself a flatmate, otherwise the rent will probably be higher than 150 euro if you want to find a decent flat.

These are good suggestions. I would add Yulin to the list – that is a popular foreign district and in my opinion, the best neighborhood to be in along with Tongzilin. Another area to check out is around the US Consulate, in the Zongnan and Zongbei neighborhoods.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.