Which Hakka Homes apartment is best?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhich Hakka Homes apartment is best?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I arrive Chengdu September 3 and plan to stay for 10 – 14 days. I’m pretty sure I’ll be staying and making reservations at HakkaHomes Apartments.

My question is with only needing a Studio Apartment which building is best based on great location to all, University and also great overall energy, the SOHO FeiCheng building or Zongbei International building? Cost isn’t really a factor to me, rates are pretty close.

Thank you!

Andre’

Keymaster

Both of those buildings are really nice and they’re very close to each other. I wouldn’t imagine there’d be a huge difference, but there are photos on the Hakka Homes site. I assume you already saw these: Hakka Homes photos

Participant

I did Charlie, it just came to be today to ask the forum if there would be a preferred difference.

Based on great recommendations of this board, Hakka Homes looks like a great place to stay for my first time in to Chengdu, location, quality and price. Looking forward to my arrival.

Have you had a chance to mention to Eli about my interest in http://www.amcham-southwest.org? Looking forward new business networking during my stay in Chengdu.

My Skype ID is andrepkelly, it would be great to communicate with you before my arrival if possible.

Andre’

Keymaster

Eli just got back to Chengdu and I met with him the other day, he mentioned that he wanted to respond to you but had trouble remembering his password or something. I’ll send him the link again.

Participant

RE: AmCham, it’s not a very useful organization – at least we didn’t find it to be – you might meet a few people who are interested in selling you services if you’re a new start up or moving a business here, but that’s about it. We were on the board for a couple years, but found it useless, so left completely.

Participant

Hi Rick,

Nice to meet you.

Thank you for the note about your experiences with AmCham.

I plan to arrive Chengdu on September 3 and hope to have the chance to meet a few of my business associates with the Kempinski Hotel, Shangri-La hotel and Intercontinental hotel as well.

I am an independent corporate meeting event organizer and thought to reach out to as many business networking opportunites as possible.

I also just received my TEFL accreditation, Teaching English as a Foreign Language last year in Chaing Mai Thailand. I have had my thoughts on helping teach the fundamentals of Hotel English to the luxury Hotels of China for fun and to help the service staff along with consulting with luxury and independents hotels that would welcome the help.

I also, as a matter a fact, because of your posting about http://www.StrongVPN.com signed up for my account today! Very impressed with their service, thank you!

I hope we’ll have the chance to meet during my stay!

Best, Andre’

Participant

Cool. If your target is meeting the guys from the hotel once a month, you may have that opportunity, they occasionally show up for meetings 😀 It’s not a total wash, just not really useful for our business (IT/Outsourcing). Their “TGIF”s are a *yawnfest* though, usually just the amcham office girls and a couple new people who don’t know better yet..at least it was when last I went. Your idea for focused English (Hotel English) might be a good one, hope it goes well..and glad to hear StrongVPN is satisfying for other people!

Participant

Andre,

Sorry it took me a minute to get back to you on this… I have been out of the country on vacation for a few weeks.

I understand what Rick is saying about the proliferation of people pitching things at AmCham events, but it depends what events you attend. Sometimes Amcham hosts really interesting events, like the speech by China Law Blog co-founder Steve Dickenson, which was discussed on this site.

I think for someone like yourself who is interested in networking and meeting people in the hospitality industry, it could be a worthwhile experience. Im not sure when the next AmCham social even is, but I know there will be some coming up soon. I would suggest that you email Tiffany Zeng <[email protected]> for more information about upcoming events, as she will have the upcoming social calendar on-hand.

Thanks for the interest, and look forward to meeting you in the future.

Regards,

Eli

Participant

Hi Eli,

Thank you for your e-mail and it’s great to meet you.

Networking and meeting people in the hospitality industry is exactly what I’m looking forward during my time in Chengdu. I did have the chance to attend http://www.itcmchina.com in Shainghai this past April and I’m looking forward to furthering my knowledge and relationship building within China.

I’ll be sure to e-mail Tiffany Zeng, thank you and will keep you posted on my arrival to Chengdu, September 3 for my stay of a few weeks.

Eli, my Skype ID is andrepkelly….as well, it would be great to touch base before my arrival and I’m sure it will take a day or two to pick up a Sim Card and get unpacked and settled flying in from Arizona.

Thank you once again!

Andre’

Participant

They’re both in the vicinity, you can even walk to see the buildings, but I think you will definitely like HakkaHomes.

Participant

Just reading on HakkaHomes, is this place a good place to dock down as an apt? Also, with its prices, does it include all utilities? Or is that separate?

Participant

After visiting the site for the first time, I’d rate it like this:

Short-term stays, yeah, looks fine.

Long-term stays, you’d be insane. 😀 If you’re coming from overseas and don’t know anyone here to help you sort a place out, it might be worth renting by the week at hakka homes or something similar while you check out local in-person real estate rental places..they’re littered all over the areas you’d want to rent and can take you to apartments right away.

Participant

Yes, If long-term living in Chengdu, the best to find a rental apartment

Keymaster

Rick is right. The sweet spot with Hakka Homes is medium-term, if you need a place to stay for a few days or weeks. Beyond a month or two you’re better off finding your own place since you’ll have greater choice and will be paying less. Securing short term rentals can be tough though since it will generally require some Chinese language skills and many landlords are very reluctant or will outright refuse short term tenants.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.