Whitewater Kayaking or Rafting

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhitewater Kayaking or Rafting

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have been living in Chengdu for over a month now and have been looking for some fellow boaters who know the rivers around here and how to find gear. if anyone has any information that would be awesome.

Participant

oh and if anyone is interested in going kayaking, once i find some gear i am always down.

Keymaster

I know that you can go rafting outside of Chengdu but I’ve never done it before, hopefully someone will have some info. I grew up kayaking also, it would be great to do that here.

Participant

You can raft at Hong Kou 虹口 near Dujiangyan 都江堰. I did it in September with some people from couch surfing. We got a car out to the rafting center at HongKou (as bus tickets were sold out) & I think it was about 170 rmb for the ticket.

I would also love do kayaking again, but have no information on it, where to get equipment or where to go to do it.

how difficult are the courses that we’re talking about here?

Participant

The one I went one was not difficult at all. I’d never been rafting before, but guess that it was pretty tame.

Participant

I would also be interested x

Participant

I did a beginner’s course last year. Very basic but I had a natural talent for it. Wish I could continue so I’d be up for this too!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    You can raft at Hong Kou 虹口 near Dujiangyan 都江堰. I did it in September with some people from couch surfing. We got a car out to the rafting center at HongKou (as bus tickets were sold out) & I think it was about 170 rmb for the ticket.

How was it? Lots of fun? Worth going?

Participant

Sancha Lake, Three Rivers, Ruoergai, Longquan, have this type of club

成都沃伦舟游休闲运动有限公司

ADD:cross-strait science and technology industrial park,Wenjiang,Chengdu,Sichuan

Tel:86 028 82633670

Email:[email protected]

Participant

Thanks for the info, I will contact them.

Participant

You can try, this is the only news from the mainstream media. I have not worked with them

Participant
    Quote:
    How was it? Lots of fun? Worth going?

It was really good & worth it. The course wasn’t short – I can’t remember how long it took, maybe 20 minutes. There were very tranquil sections of water & some more exciting parts. It wasn’t hugely scary but it was good fun.

Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.