Who felt the small earthquake two minutes ago?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWho felt the small earthquake two minutes ago?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I know I should’t make a fuss about small quakes given the fact that I’m from San Francisco, but i can’t help it! My apartment on the 27th floor was sort of swaying but my cat was chilling…

Participant

I did. Did a search and apparently there was a 4.5 in Sichuan about 8hrs ago. I was taking a nap, so I don’t know if it I just slept through that one & this was just a aftershock or what.

Participant

i felt it, one of the biggest this year. My cat, TigerKuma slept thru the big one, so this was no drama for him. Cats are cool, calm and collected…

Participant

There was an earthquake on my bed (8 hours ago… Its sleep apnea for those wondering, my nightly ritual), but didnt feel the one from mother earth.

Keymaster

I didn’t feel it but I’ve heard about it 3-4 times this morning already.

Keymaster

I felt it and it made me jump out of the bed in the middle of my deep sleep. So i guess it was a strong one. I thought I was kind of dreaming.

Participant

I had just gotten off skype with the fam and was chilling on the internet until the couch started swimming. Biggest aftershock since 2008 IMO.

I was sat on my couch as it rippled twice, along with my living room wall, which I swear I saw physically roll. I’m on the 22nd floor, and it’s no exaggeration when I say for a moment I thought the building was at risk of going down. It was flexing hard for a few seconds. First time I’ve ever experienced anything like that!

Rebar, I love you.

@Ray: my Laetitia (7 year old Tuxedo) says Hi to Tigerkuma…

@Brendan, I’ve thought the same thing and it scared the crap outta me at that very moment.

Participant

@Mina: it seems that Laetitia was named Time magazine’s “Cat of The Year”. You must be very proud!

@Ray: Nah…It was just for fun. You can create your own Time person of the year using this Facebook app: https://apps.facebook.com/time-poy/

Participant

Yes 2. ours, and one at guangyuan 8 hours earlier:

http://tinyurl.com/72obo22

Participant

My cats didn’t even budge…one was next to me on couch, one by my feet infront of heater..

I felt the movement, I’m on the 32nd floor..was thinking it wasn’t so big of a quake, expected to sway a lot more. Didn’t really react to it, just kept sippin my beer and watching TV, “The League”, get it if you haven’t 😀 I’d wager different buildings will be effected differently..but really didn’t experience the type of movement some of you mentioned above.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.