WHS or supplement stores in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWHS or supplement stores in Chengdu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi does anyone know if there is a World Health Store or any supplement stores in the city which sell various vitamins and tonics.

I went to a supermarket called BLT and they had tons of vitamin supplements but the prices were crazy expensive so I might try some supermarkets which sell supplements or try Raffles does anyone know if they would have such items.

Would be great if I could get some insight into this.

Sweet

Participant

Hi Sweet

I noticed that there was a UK health chain store called Holland & Barrett in the Midtown Shopping Mall near Renmin Road metro station, north of Tianfu Square.

It’s a discount store that produces it’s own label products as well as others. Seems to be quite popular in UK and Ireland and usually has a lot of 2 for 1 deals.

Also, sells protein tubs for the big boyz!

Quote:
    Also, sells protein tubs for the big boyz!

Bloody awful stuff it is too. Avoid, unless you dig lactose.

They do usually have a fairly broad range of vitamins though.

Any chance of a map link ‘Oh’ Davey?

Participant

@Oh Davey: just hit their u.k. website. They got some interesting stuff. Keen to hit their store here. Just depends if the mark-up is reasonable (ie. Decathlon, some stuff) or ridiculous (ie. The Gap)

Participant
    Quote:
    Any chance of a map link ‘Oh’ Davey?

Wanda Plaza North

16号 Renmin North Road 2nd Section, Jinniu

(Not to be confused with the other Wanda Plaza in Jinjiang area.)

@ Ray; Sorry, didn’t compare prices.

Just went “Hey, a Holland & Barrett” and then proceeded to run out the mall as fast I could.

– Shopping is a pain

Reckon they have a good selection, even if they are marked up they are probably still cheaper than a lot of the supplements over here.

Participant

There’s a H&B store in Chengdu that is brilliant, I am definitely going to check it as I am running low on flaxseed. Also are there two Wanda plaza’s in the city?

Thanks guys great info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.