Work Permit

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWork Permit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys. Can anyone suggest me a consultant who can help getting work permit in chengdu?

My company has applied one for me and after 2 weeks it was rejected. The reason they quoted was that they give permit only for persons with special expertise. My company likes me and they want to try again. This is the first time they are doing such thing so they are not very well known with such procedures.

I hope there is a way out for this. I don’t want to be kicked out of china so soon 😀

By the way, there is another thread for extending business visa which says its not possible to extend in Chengdu (May be I’m wrong). I extended my visa today in chengdu for few more months and it took me 2 hours.

Thanks

Participant

hey Pardhu, It’s been a year or two since I did this, but I can share what (I think) I know.

Terminology wise I think you need a ‘Pesidence Permit’ type -> Working.

To get these instead of Visas, you need a ‘foreign experts certificate’ mine looked like another passport, then with this I think you apply for the residence permit.

Because there seems to be many foreign architects in town, I guess this is an industry (along with IT) that you can get a foreign experts certificate.

In my case my company arranged it all, so really try to push yours to, I guess the information is there somewhere for businesses to use foreigners this way. if you live/work in the new development zone maybe the local PSB can instruct. or the central PSB.

A gotcha I can think of: if you’re on a visa, maybe you’re not supposed to not be paid/on a local contract. if it comes to light as part of this process you have been. things might be bad. and they seem to be more strict than usual at the moment.

Participant

Thanks “Brave chengdu” 😉

Got some clarity about residence permit!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.