Info on the Xindu Suburb

HomeForumsIn ChengduInfo on the Xindu Suburb

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone

Im moving to Chengdu in a few weeks; starting my job at a school in Xindu in September. Does anyone know something about this town? Good places to eat and things to see; best way to get into Chengdu?

Also, thanks for running such a great website – its been a really useful source of information for me.

Chris

Participant

I’ve been out to Xindu once, it’s like your typical suburb but maybe a little more Chinese-feeling (giant apartment complexes instead of cookie-cutter houses). There’s a temple to a famous general and a park that belonged to a Ming or Qing dynasty top-scholar, if you’re into those sorts of things. There are a couple of good restaurants I’ve been told, but they’re all Chinese; as far as I know there isn’t much in there isn’t too much of an international community out that way.

Best way to get into town is the bus that leaves from the N campus of the Sichuan Music Conservatory- it takes a little doing to find but is a straight-shot 45 minute 6 kuai bus ride that drops you right next to Sichuan University.

Participant

Thanks for the info; I can’t wait to see it for myself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.