Yu's Family Kitchen Restaurant

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionYu's Family Kitchen Restaurant

• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Avatar photo7.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Has anyone eaten at Yu’s Family Kitchen restaurant? it looks amazing but pricey, wondering if it’s worth a try…

Also – are there any “don’t miss” local restaurants?

Participant

I saw that place on Bizarre Foods. I would love to try it, but I’m always intimidated by fancy restaurants. I wonder how much it costs (I found an article online from 2009 that says “Price depends on number of people: Between 200 yuan to 600 yuan per head” so I’m sure it’s gone up by now.)

Where is this restaurant, and what are they serving?

Take a look here for more info. A friend went last week and said it was 320RMB/head for 12 people. You have to book in advance and pay a deposit as a lot of preparation is needed.

Keymaster

Now my interest is piqued. Thanks for the link, Ben.

Participant

There’s a documentary called Bizarre Foods: Chengdu where they visit this place (amongst many others). Definately worth a look if you’re looking for “don’t miss local restaurants” !

There’s a HD version of this show as well on one of the Chinese streaming websites, but I can’t remember which one.

I’ll definitely be checking this out in the near future. The price puts this above a casual eat though!

Participant

If a group were to get together & go I would be interested in joining.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.