Z Visa to L Visa Without Leaving Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionZ Visa to L Visa Without Leaving Chengdu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Me and my girlfriend (Chengdu local) are planning to get married this month.

Currently I have a Z Visa and it will expire by this August 07. And I ended contract with my employer as well.

So, thinking about getting a L Visa right after marriage. Is it possible to get L Visa without moving outta Chengdu while holding a Z Visa?

Do share if you have any idea about the process involved.

Thanks in advance.

Participant

It’s easy as 1,2,3 but complete before the current visa expires. I recommend going to PSB and obtain a brochure which provides list steps (with what documents) are quired.

One thing to keep in mind, you can then obtain the one year or two year visa. Pros/cons: The one year is much faster and the two year requires the same documents plus a complete physical, which adds a little bit more processing time as you have to wait for the results.

Participant

If both of the above fail just apply for the 10 year visa but you will have to depart every 90 days. Which could be a good thing as you could visit Hanoi, Hong Kong, & etc…

Keymaster

It’s easy as 1,2,3 but complete before the current visa expires. I recommend going to PSB and obtain a brochure which provides list steps (with what documents) are quired. One thing to keep in mind, you can then obtain the one year or two year visa. Pros/cons: The one year is much faster and the two year requires the same documents plus a complete physical, which adds a little bit more processing time as you have to wait for the results.

Great, thanks for the prompt reply. I’ll go to PSB and get that brochure thingy asap.

Keymaster

If both of the above fail just apply for the 10 year visa but you will have to depart every 90 days. Which could be a good thing as you could visit Hanoi, Hong Kong etc…

Is 90 days entry the default for the 10 year tourist visa now? If so, that is not bad. I remember seeing/hearing about people with 60 day durations which is a little tight considering how far we are from any national border.

Participant

Charlie, that’s correct (90 days for the 10 year visa). It’s not all that bad especially for the price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.