Air Pollution Hit 350 Today

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAir Pollution Hit 350 Today

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

China air pollution index: Chengdu US Consulate 350 (Hazardous). Stay at home.

Keymaster

I just got back from Thailand today and everything is looking extremely gray!

Participant

This weekend looked a lot better than today.

Participant

Pollution is Dickensian today….

Participant

Damn… I guess ill stay at my school and apt for many many years now. outside 3rd ring road…. Pollution has been pretty bad lately…

Participant

does anyone ever hear of any protests or publicy stunts against the pollution?

Participant

Some info on N95 masks N95

Participant

I live in Pixian, from my windows I can see plenty of factories. In the morning while cleaning my nose with the tissue I can see black dust-based spots, like if I work on construction site. Recently feel very exhausted even without doing any workouts, regardless of how long I`m sleeping. Guess such issue is a way worse than in Downtown. Working out to move to the center. Welcome to China, lol ))

Participant

China hopes to improve air quality and i hope too…

China Air Quality

Participant

horror day

Participant

I just had an interesting read that brings a ray of sunshine to the pollution issue:

Chengdu Great City

“Great City will use 48% less energy and 58% less water than a conventional development of similar population. It will also produce 89% less landfill waste and generate 60% less carbon dioxide.”

Participant

I just had an interesting read that brings a ray of sunshine to the pollution issue:

Chengdu Great City

“Great City will use 48% less energy and 58% less water than a conventional development of similar population. It will also produce 89% less landfill waste and generate 60% less carbon dioxide.”

Quote:

This is a really interesting looking development. It would be great to believe that projects with this ethos were the way of the future, but I can tell you having managed a Gold level LEED project myself, it’s a tall order to (genuinely) meet all the demands. ‘89% less landfill’ would be a massive undertaking without stringent recycling practices in place, both on the project, and within Chengdu as a district. It’s hard enough when accountable systems are in place, but when those systems are absent it’s anyone’s guess as to where construction waste ends up. The same could be said of any emissions control within Chengdu, or indeed China.

Meanwhile outside Chengdu Great City walls…

Cough cough.

Participant

350 is nothing anymore

400 is the new 300.

I’m going to bottle up this crisp Oregon air to take back. I’ll let you all have a hit.

Participant

「Talk dirty to me, babe~~」

「Eh……eh……CHENGDU」

Keymaster

I found a local government site which lists pollution in the city by district, pretty cool: 成都环保局

The Air Pollution Forecast for tomorrow on that page is awesome, 100-135 city wide.

Half Marathon tomorrow anyone?

Participant

8544300924_96874c6d4f_n.jpg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.