Beautifully Renovated Apartment for Rent

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsBeautifully Renovated Apartment for Rent

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This newly renovated 3 bedroom apartment will not be on the market for long. The timber flooring and wallpaper give the apartment a warm cozy feel. Two spacious balconies look out to a quiet garden, and it’s hard to imagine that you are in the middle of the Chengdu CBD and close to a host of eateries and entertainment options just across the road. The furnished apartment comes equipped with central air-conditioning, floor heating, branded appliances including a wide-screen LED TV, Blue-ray DVD player, refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, washer/ dryer and other modern conveniences. This is a gem that has to be viewed to be fully appreciated.

Please contact Wallace at [email protected] or call Juliet at 13910717273

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

How much is the rent and how long of a contract is required?

Participant

Beautiful but if you can share price like Charlie said, is better…

Participant

wow~~

How much is it?

Participant

probably too much

Participant

A bargain at 18K per month (same ad on gochengdoo)

Keymaster

probably too much

Yup. Dead giveaway when they advertise an apartment as “beautiful” and omit the price.

Participant

Ask Brendan rent it, we can go this apartment have party, so we can use apartment and don’t pay 18k   😛

Participant

Brendan’s bills come to more than 18k per month….

Participant

Brendan’s bills come to more than 18k per month….

🙂

I know!

Participant

I extracted the write up from another site where I posted this property where the rent was stated. You guys are right I should state the rent here too. The rent is RMB 18,000 and minimum tenancy period is 1 year. It’s at Times Residence, next to Lan Kwai Fong, the subway station, and Shangri-La nearby. Cheers.

Keymaster

18k lol… the range of value with housing in Chengdu is unbelievable.

Participant

Charlie, you brought up a valid point. Apartments in Chengdu are mostly handed over by developers to tenants in bare finished state, which means owners have to renovate and fit out the units themselves. Thus, depending on the style and quality of finish and renovation / furnishings cost involved, the rents vary widely. I believe RMB 18,000 is reasonable for this one.

Participant

A lift (Elevator) plummeted last year at Times Square killing one passenger. I also remember reading an article written by an architect living in Times Square about how badly constructed it is.

Anyway 18,000 who on earth would pay that?

Wallace I have a four bedroom apartment roughly the same size and to be honest from the pictures you posted there does not seem to much difference apart from the heated floor and the price.

I believe RMB 18,000 is reasonable for this one.

I believe you’ve been smoking crack.

Wallace how much is your monthly salary!? How much is the average salary of any white collar worker in Chengdu? Which agency are you working for? Do you all smoke crack there, or just your boss?

😀

Participant

You gotta be brave to post ANY ad on this website ha ha!

Last month friend gave me a bunch of huge hand-made cushions. Got no room for such monsters (place looked like a harem minus the chicks). Was gonna advertise “free hand-made cushions. No catch”. Imagined the possible responses: *”What, no delivery!?”
    *”Sounds like a scam” (probably from Althedead)
    *”Throw in an Iphone 5s and I’ll take them off your hands”.

Decided to leave them outside in the rain….

Participant

Wallace, I agree with you when you say that – depending on the style and quality of finish and renovation / furnishings cost involved, the rents vary widely. –
    But maybe you must check better the market because you can have a dreaming place and location but at this price, who really can to be interested?
    For example, I live in the center in Jinjiang district, sure in an old apartment but big 250 squares meters at 7th floor with a big terrace. Price of rent is on 5000rmb.
    Now, if I want restyle completely every room, I’m pretty sure that I will not use more than 20k – 25k rmb.
    After, thinking about a subrent, I can ask 10k rmb for every month but maybe still to be difficult to sell!

Anyway try to put your apartment on AirBnb.com

Good luck!

Keymaster

You gotta be brave to post ANY ad on this website ha ha!

There are a lot of fantastic ads on here which have cost people nothing and brought them a lot of opportunity, like this: Selling Green Tea from Sichuan Highlands. In that instance, this was a single guy from a town in Sichuan province who has access to great quality tea without a distribution method. He posted here and suddenly he has a significant number of expat customers. That’s a powerful force for good: great product meeting demand through humble means (a single post on the internet).

Some other recent ads on here which are pretty great:

This is of course without mentioning the actual advertisers of Chengdu Living, all of which are pretty awesome services: Natooke (custom fixed gear bikes), Cakey Butta (authentic American bakery), Hakka Homes (short term apartment rentals), etc.

I think the “bravery” aspect you mention is about how this forum won’t hesitate to call out shady advertisers. And that’s actually for the good of the community: we want to reveal potentially malicious or untrustworthy individuals and organizations for the betterment of the community. That’s not to say that anyone who appears suspicious on the internet actually has malicious intent but we, in a way, prevent the likelihood of being taken advantage of by asking questions and raising concerns.

A lift (Elevator) plummeted last year at Times Square killing one passenger. I also remember reading an article written by an architect living in Times Square about how badly constructed it is. Anyway 18,000 who on earth would pay that? Wallace I have a four bedroom apartment roughly the same size and to be honest from the pictures you posted there does not seem to much difference apart from the heated floor and the price.

I would never pay more than 10,000 rmb for an apartment in Chengdu because in my opinion, you cannot get real quality here. However, the market for 3BR apartments which cost over 15,000 rmb are foreign executives on subsidized housing packages from multi-national companies (like Chevron or Intel). These people don’t put much priority on the value their living situation presents because their employer is footing the cost. No one else in Chengdu would pay that much.

I live in a 3BR apartment with a gigantic private rooftop in the middle of the Yulin neighborhood and my rent is 2,200. The Dojo house costs less than 3,000 rmb per month and it’s a two level house with a walled yard. There are some phenomenal values on housing in Chengdu. Or you can pay Manhattan-levels of rent, if you want (I’m talking real, State of New York, Manhattan).

Participant

I agree people have a right to challenge an advertiser and this forum is undoubtedly an awesome resource. But it could also be argued this way: if you dont wanna buy it/rent it/ take it leave the cat alone. I dont walk into an LV store and berate them with “your bags are over-priced status symbols!”. I dont want it, i ignore it. Same principle here…
    BTW: ha ha used to mean ha ha

Participant

18k? Wow, that decoration looks pretty ghetto compared to what I’d expect for 18k.

By the way, you can get a nicer place in Fraser Suites with full service, like massage chair service & great facilities, for less.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.