Beautifully Renovated Apartment for Rent

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsBeautifully Renovated Apartment for Rent

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

But it could also be argued this way: if you dont wanna buy it/rent it/ take it leave the cat alone. I dont walk into an LV store and berate them with “your bags are over-priced status symbols!”. I dont want it, i ignore it. Same principle here…
    BTW: ha ha used to mean ha ha

That is true but the difference is that LV can open a store and stay hidden among thousands of other businesses in the city – it’s very easy to ignore that. If people come here to advertise 3BR apartments that cost 18,000 rmb then a newcomer to Chengdu (whom this forum is perhaps most useful to) could easily have the false impression that apartments cost 10,000 rmb or more in Chengdu. That is something I would like to avoid.

Aside from that, this particular post failed to follow best practices by including all the relevant information (size of the apartment, exact location, price, amenities . It was a copy and paste post which exercised as little effort as possible while asking for as much money as possible. Not cool. I’d rather have people call this stuff out than take a “hands off” approach and let the forum get dominated by ads from copy & paste profiteers.

I think the “bravery” aspect you mention is about how this forum won’t hesitate to call out shady advertisers.

Come at me yo shady advertisers, I got more bravery sarcasm than you got hokey apartments red blood cells.

Or something.

Participant

Rickinchina:, those cushions are still outside. I’ve saved them for you 🙂

Participant

Charlie, do me the favour of removing the advertisement from the forum. It does look like this may not be the most appropriate platform. Thanks.

Participant

@Ray
    Cushions? Actually I could use cushions anytime. I put cushions or like, old clothes, or towels or whatever, out for my cats on their deck. It’s winter, they’d love some new cushions/whatever to cuddle up in or on. They’d only be used for a few months before getting dirty and bein tossed out, but still, they’d be well used for those months….and I wouldn’t expect free delivery, I’d pick ’em up 😀

RE: Wallace’s place. The ultra-cheap countertops, wicker chair, and painted pine furniture are far from LV.

I just did decoration. I’d wager I spent more on my living room than he did on that entire place. Heated floor/central AC apart, looks like everything was bought to be the cheapest possible decoration.

(Edited to fit context of proper quotes :D)

Participant

Wallace; i feel you handled yourself with dignity and integrity. You have the right to charge what you deem acceptable for your apartment. I wish you luck finding a tenant.

Keymaster

Wallace; i feel you handled yourself with dignity and integrity. You have the right to charge what you deem acceptable for your apartment. I wish you luck finding a tenant.

I agree, good luck and no hard feelings. It is possible to find a tenant for an apartment costing this much here, or anywhere else that expats congregate in Chengdu.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.