Best China blogs

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest China blogs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #8841
    BobbyDigital
    Participant

    What China blogs do you visit most?

    Recently, I really like Tea Leaf Nation.

    “Hypermodern” has potential, but not enough pieces recently.

    ChinaSmack has a good zeitgeist of whats trending on the interwebs here.

    Danwei.com is a decent weekly read.

    Chinageeks and Chinahush are off my radar without a good vpn. Same goes for China Beat.

    This one’s not a blog, but the “Sinica” podcast on Pop Up Chinese is probably one of the more underrated resources on current events related to China.

    Any others?

    #19095
    RayRay
    Participant

    I sometimes feel like i need a shower after reading chinasmack. Some of that shit is nasty, and super -cynical….

    #19097
    BobbyDigital
    Participant
    Quote:
    I sometimes feel like i need a shower after reading chinasmack. Some of that shit is nasty, and super -cynical….

    Not to mention not very uplifting…

    #19098
    CharlieCharlie
    Keymaster

    I agree with Ray, Chinasmack is too tabloid-y for me to read on a regular basis.

    Here’s what I do read regularly though:

    China Law Blog (great people behind this)

    Neocha Edge

    Seeing Red in China

    #19101
    Danielle
    Participant

    I hate when Chinasmack has an article with an awful picture and they don’t add anything new for a few days… so you either have to see a huge photo of a zookeeper licking a monkey’s ass or a big toe sewn onto where a thumb should be or whatever. Freaks me the f out every time.

    #19104
    Chris ZiichChris Ziich
    Moderator
    #19106
    BrendanBrendan
    Moderator

    Kudos is off the charts for the tumblr!!

    Chinahush is another one that springs to mind, though it doesn’t get updated too often.

    Here’s a list of China blogs from chinabloglist.org that I came across before coming to China. The site currently claims to have 540 blogs listed, but I’m noticing a large number have since either been abandoned, or are just dead, but you can still turn up gems like thisridiculousworld.com. First picture on there should sell it to you.

    #19116
    Steeevyo
    Member

    Chinasmack comments are making me sick.

    So if I want to skip work thats what I read.

    #19135
    James W.
    Member

    Recently I’ve been all over Rectified.name. It’s a group blog, and the level of quality is super high. Every post is interesting.

    I also like Sinostand, though lately there haven’t been a ton of posts.

    There’s also Sascha’s blog, and when he get to firing off posts, that shit can be quite good.

    #19137
    CharlieCharlie
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Here’s a list of China blogs from chinabloglist.org that I came across before coming to China. The site currently claims to have 540 blogs listed, but I’m noticing a large number have since either been abandoned, or are just dead, but you can still turn up gems like thisridiculousworld.com. First picture on there should sell it to you.

    Try ChinaBloggers

    Quote:
    Chinasmack comments are making me sick.

    So if I want to skip work thats what I read.

    Yeah, reading comments on Chinasmack is like reading comments on Youtube or talking to people on Xbox Live. Mind-numbingly inane.

    #19154
    Fizz D
    Member

    I visit http://www.haohaoreport.com often. It seems they are having some maintenance right now.

    Also check http://www.chinablognetwork.com. It links me with some interesting blogs that are difficult to find by search engines.

    EDIT: both of them are blog-lists.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.