Board Gamers?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBoard Gamers?

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I can do Go Stop!

Quote:
    There are a few board game bars outside near the Lazy Pug/movie theater. If you are going northeast on first ring road, turn right at the movie theater near the Lazy Pug and go down the street until the first street, which is a T intersection on the left. The board game places are on the second story of the building with the Wowo in it. I’ve never played Settlers, but they do have it at the places I said. I a much bigger fan of Risk and Axis and Allies. I’ve always wanted to play Diplomacy though.

Anyone good at Go/围棋? I’m just started playing and would like to get better.

I learnt to play Go 10 years ago maybe, we can play togethor sometime. I need to catch up again.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’ve never played Settlers, but they do have it at the places I said. I a much bigger fan of Risk and Axis and Allies. I’ve always wanted to play Diplomacy though.

I’ve never played Axis & Allies before but I’ve heard it’s fun. Isn’t that the kind of game that takes 4+ hours to play though? Otherwise I’m interested. I’ll have time to kill during the upcoming holiday.

Participant

Diplomacy sounds like my kind of game. But I imagine it works better with a group of friends you’re really close with.

Participant

Anyone have a copy of Lord of the Rings Risk (the one with Gondor & Mordor), Axis & Allies, or Diplomacy? I prefer Lord of the Rings Risk because the board is more then twice the size as regular risk and there is much more variety to the layout. I didn’t bring mine with me because I couldn’t fit them in my luggage. I don’t know about playing Diplomacy with close friends. When my friends and I back in the States would play Risk, we end up hating each other bitterly due to the alliances we made and broke; then again, a day or so after we play everything was mostly cool (mostly).

I’d be down to meet up and play whatever.

Participant

I played Axis & Allies and for me is a great board game… but problems is sometimes it’s more long than Risk!

Participant

I played Axis & Allies and for me is a great board game… but problems is sometimes it’s more long than Risk!

just exploring some of the previous threads here and this one was intriguing…anyone up for a game of settlers/does anyone have settlers? 🙂

Participant

Catan! But I don’t have it…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    just exploring some of the previous threads here and this one was intriguing…anyone up for a game of settlers/does anyone have settlers? 🙂

I think the place to go is the board game bar next to Natooke near First Ring Road. I think I saw Settlers in English there.

Participant

I heard many people buy their boardgames from Taobao. It’s very cheap if you buy the copied version. Everything is in English except for the instructions which you can download easily from the internet (and print).

A downside can be that the materials aren’t as solid, but if you’re lucky it’s hard to see the difference with the original.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I heard many people buy their boardgames from Taobao. It’s very cheap if you buy the copied version. Everything is in English except for the instructions which you can download easily from the internet (and print).

Wow, I hadn’t ever searched for board games on Taobao before. These prices are ridiculously cheap: Catan on Taobao.

But still, if we visit the spot next to Natooke getting 4 people together will be a cinch. Send me a PM if you’re interested, I’m in that area a lot.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.