Car Emissions Killing Millions in India and China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCar Emissions Killing Millions in India and China

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Keymaster

I have a post on pollution that’s unpublished which cites this article. Definitely eye-opening. According to “official” government figures “a few thousand” people die prematurely of pollution in second-tier Chinese cities.

Keymaster

I have a post on pollution that’s unpublished which cites this article. Definitely eye-opening. According to “official” government figures “a few thousand” people die prematurely of pollution in second-tier Chinese cities.

Keymaster

I’ve just been off work for a week with what must rank as one of the worst viruses (or any other type of illness) I’ve ever had. I’m better this week, but I’ve gone for a late night bike ride yesterday and when I’ve returned home I can taste the iron (blood) from my lungs. Chengdu is definitely beginning to worry me from a health perspective, we are all subject to the pollution 24/7. I’ve always taken care of myself physically, but I can say without a doubt in the two years I’ve been here it’s been hard to be at 100% even half the time, especially over the last few months.

I’ve just been off work for a week with what must rank as one of the worst viruses (or any other type of illness) I’ve ever had. I’m better this week, but I’ve gone for a late night bike ride yesterday and when I’ve returned home I can taste the iron (blood) from my lungs. Chengdu is definitely beginning to worry me from a health perspective, we are all subject to the pollution 24/7. I’ve always taken care of myself physically, but I can say without a doubt in the two years I’ve been here it’s been hard to be at 100% even half the time, especially over the last few months.

Participant

I love Chendgu, but we are seriously considering moving because of the pollution problem. I don’t want my kids to be at a health risk. Chengdu is number 3 this year for shit air quality and thats based on government stats.

Participant

I love Chendgu, but we are seriously considering moving because of the pollution problem. I don’t want my kids to be at a health risk. Chengdu is number 3 this year for shit air quality and thats based on government stats.

Participant

Keymaster
    Quote:

That is totally understandable. Kids change everything. I just bought this air purifier on Taobao for my bedroom. We have 20+ of them in my office (in a 2,000+ sq meter space) and they’ve been working well.

Keymaster
    Quote:

That is totally understandable. Kids change everything. I just bought this air purifier on Taobao for my bedroom. We have 20+ of them in my office (in a 2,000+ sq meter space) and they’ve been working well.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Participant

Ignorance WAS bliss. Now I won’t worry too much about quitting smoking. A person can smell the dirty air when opening the doors in the morning. I presume it would help a lot if we had some rain for a change?

Participant

Ignorance WAS bliss. Now I won’t worry too much about quitting smoking. A person can smell the dirty air when opening the doors in the morning. I presume it would help a lot if we had some rain for a change?

Participant

Participant

Definately need an air purifier setting in the room especially if you live in the city center. I never jog or do any other outdoor sports in the city cos polluted air will kill your lungs.

Participant

Definately need an air purifier setting in the room especially if you live in the city center. I never jog or do any other outdoor sports in the city cos polluted air will kill your lungs.

Participant

Participant

@ Charlie, had a look at the air purifier and it looks like a neccesary buy. Don’t read Chinese but it seems designed for 30 sqm?

Anything about filter replacements?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.