Chengdu Chill Spots

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Chill Spots

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there, I am writing a small post on some really nice spots to get a good cup of X, maybe have a bite of X and perhaps even surf the world wide web. I have a few chill spots in mind, but i would like to solicit the wise and helpful advice of the public at large, Please, if you mention or suggest a spot, provide an address or describe the location as best you can and any other info you provide will be awesome as well.

In the spirit of Spring,

Sascha

Participant

Good one Sascha !

For a while now I’ve been going over all the spots that I know here in the ‘du and there aren’t that many nice outside sitting areas

good chill out spots with wifi:

– StarBucks at Jin Li street

the normal starbucks stuff with wifi and the positive thing is there is a small outside area where you can chill !

– Starbucks at Shen xian shu (next to millenium hotel)

same same and you can sit outside

– small coffee shops in the street where the Loft (hostel) is located (Tongren Lu, 4 Xiaotong Xiang). There are some places where you can sit outside And … sometimes they even have cold beer (but if you ask they put them in the freezer for ya 🙂 )

– the coffee place at the Donghu lake (forgot the name)

great terrace !

– The Harley Davidson place I’m gonna check out this week

I heard they also have an outside sitting area

– Shamrock

– Peters Tex

nice terrace but …

Not to forget the Hemp House but it has been a long time since I’ve been there. Chill place to enjoy a beer or cocktail at night on the roof!

Cheers and enjoy !

ps: does leanna’s bakery have an outside area ??

Participant

Good one Sascha !

For a while now I’ve been going over all the spots that I know here in the ‘du and there aren’t that many nice outside sitting areas

good chill out spots with wifi:

– StarBucks at Jin Li street

the normal starbucks stuff with wifi and the positive thing is there is a small outside area where you can chill !

– Starbucks at Shen xian shu (next to millenium hotel)

same same and you can sit outside

– small coffee shops in the street where the Loft (hostel) is located (Tongren Lu, 4 Xiaotong Xiang). There are some places where you can sit outside And … sometimes they even have cold beer (but if you ask they put them in the freezer for ya 🙂 )

– the coffee place at the Donghu lake (forgot the name)

great terrace !

– The Harley Davidson place I’m gonna check out this week

I heard they also have an outside sitting area

– Shamrock

– Peters Tex

nice terrace but …

Not to forget the Hemp House but it has been a long time since I’ve been there. Chill place to enjoy a beer or cocktail at night on the roof!

Cheers and enjoy !

ps: does leanna’s bakery have an outside area ??

Participant

One place in Yulin I always enjoy going to is Lost Tapei. It’s a small desert shop on 白云街 off of 玉林西路. They have a good selection of deserts and drinks, pretty sure they have wifi too.

The Hemp House is always great for enjoying a beer outside in the garden. I think the inside is much better and more comfortable now that they’ve remodeled.

Participant

One place in Yulin I always enjoy going to is Lost Tapei. It’s a small desert shop on 白云街 off of 玉林西路. They have a good selection of deserts and drinks, pretty sure they have wifi too.

The Hemp House is always great for enjoying a beer outside in the garden. I think the inside is much better and more comfortable now that they’ve remodeled.

Participant

Dodo’s cafe on Xiaotong lu gets my vote. Cool street, great people-watching…

Participant

Dodo’s cafe on Xiaotong lu gets my vote. Cool street, great people-watching…

Participant

awesome thanks keep bringing it, maybe i can do several posts …

Participant

awesome thanks keep bringing it, maybe i can do several posts …

Participant

I suggest all forum-goers patronize Indie Coffee. This is as close to a western style coffee house as I have found. Comfy chairs. Doors and windows open on sunny days. Not too busy in daytime (never been at night). Best part is the playlist usually has good music. Located in the Evergrowing Bank Building, next to Little Bar, near 2nd Ring Rd. and Chengya Expressway.

Participant

I suggest all forum-goers patronize Indie Coffee. This is as close to a western style coffee house as I have found. Comfy chairs. Doors and windows open on sunny days. Not too busy in daytime (never been at night). Best part is the playlist usually has good music. Located in the Evergrowing Bank Building, next to Little Bar, near 2nd Ring Rd. and Chengya Expressway.

Participant

– Middle Bar on the pedestrian street by 瑞升花园

– HakkaHomes Bar on the 12F rooftop of SOHO Building

Participant

The haunted building in Sichuan University

Participant
    Quote:
    -Middle Bar on the pedestrian street by 瑞升花园

– HakkaHomes Bar on the 12F rooftop of SOHO Building

Two excellent outdoor chill spots!

Participant

Wenshu temple tea house. Doesn’t get older school than that..

Keymaster
    Quote:

Do you have any more info on this place? I haven’t heard of it.

Participant
    Quote:

Do you have any more info on this place? I haven’t heard of it.

Those stories are nothing to write home about, but some of the buildings in that campus do look like they are haunted, should be a nice place to chill out at night

Participant

hey just wanna let everyone know that I am going to do “research” for this story starting Sunday and throughout this week and will have it written by Thurs/Fri. If anyone wants to roll with me to a particular spot, please call me at 18615773958 and we can make out a date. I will be taking pics too. So be hot. That means you Ray.

Participant

@Sascha, I’m sorry I missed this I would have been interested to join. Will the article be on CDliving or somewhere else?

I’m really interested to find a back-up of the bookworm for small meetings/functions. something with an OHP or big-screen monitor/TV.

did you find anything in that vein?

One of my favourite place:

Longmarch bowling center.

It’s a bowling/billiards/bar….

Advanced bowling equipment, glow-in-the-dark lanes,

snooker, billiards, bar.

and the owner Frank is really cool ,speaks decent English.

🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.