Chinese Genes – Mixed Blood Children

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese Genes – Mixed Blood Children

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Have been watching recently one documental movie, which states that Chiense genes are quite werid and unique: when they are getting mixed with genes of other nations, at one point Chinese ones will prevail. Which means that the first child of Chinese-Expat marriage may be random with quite a high chance for the child to look like westerner. However child/ children of the one who`s blood already mixed will look like 100% Chinese. Could anyone confirm or reject such information?

I can’t confirm this, but I can confirm that ‘mixed up gene kids’ can and will gather crowds at windows.

Participant

“Chinese” is not a racial / biological / genetic identity,

but a cultural / political identity.

There are one billion + Chinese in this world

Chinese from different regions look very very different.

even “Han Chinese” is simply a label of cultural background to 1.3 billion people.

This has reminded me of a fantastic documentary series that ran on BBC TV a few years back, looking at genetics, DNA, and amongst other things, historical migration. One of the most interesting episodes looked at a selected group of individuals ‘cultural identity’ from a genetic viewpoint, uncovering traces of ancestral DNA they would have otherwise had no clue or reference of. I’d like to find that series again.

Keymaster

Sascha wrote about this on Chengdu Living, the article is called Mixed Blood Prince. Speaking anecdotally I think his first kid looks more caucasian and younger child looks more asian. I think that’s random though. Also Sascha has Turkish ancestry which is Eurasia, not sure how much of a difference that makes in the appearance of his kids.

Participant

I love mix blood children. 🙂 I like the appearance of blond people. 🙂 One of my teachers who is a Chinese professor in HK got married with his British husband. Their first child is absolutely like her husband and not like her at all. 🙂 Very cute! 🙂

Participant

I can’t comment on Chinese kids, but I am a mixture of Belgian, Portuguese and German blood myself (within the last 2 generations).

People can never guess where I’m from. The usual guesses are Italian, French, Spanish or Brazilian.

I therefore assume the southern European characteristics dominate my West European characteristics, but I don’t consider myself 100% Belgian, Portuguese or German judging from my looks. Same for my brothers.

I would find it awkward if Chinese genes do take over completely. I would assume there would be a lot more Chinese looking people by now if this was true.

I’ve also known a girl back in Ireland who was a mixture of Japanese and Spanish and she actually looked like 50/50 Spanish/Japanese.

Participant

You guys are all

Celts +

Germans (incl. Goths, Franks, Anglos, Saxons, Normans, Teutons, Vikings, Vandals…and many many more) +

Romans.

last Sunday night I had dinner at Ikea with my wife. the food sucks.

I told my wife: those blond hair blue eye Germanic people (incl. Englishmen, Germans, Scandinavians, excl. French & Italians ) who produce the best watches, machines & technologies,

CAN’T COOK!

Participant

Haha! Funny comments, Thomas.

I don’t care the so-called gene. Im fond of blond ones and it’s maybe because they have characters that I don’t have. 🙂

Participant

Humans from this specific part of the world did tend to breed for many centuries only with others from this region. So there does tend to be a uniformity of traits and concentration of genes among the population. This is similar to what is found in populations from regions like northern Europe or Iceland, and a similar phenomenon among Jews and tribes in Africa.

Biologically, what mixing gene pools does is bring genes together that normally don’t have an opportunity interact because populations don’t interbreed. This mixing increases the possibility of new traits (genotypes and phenotypes from high school biology).

Talking about traits of individuals (phenotypes) that manifest from multiracial births is exceptionally complex given the number of genes we have, not to mention the number of traits that are influenced by interactions of multiple genes (intelligence, height, etc).

Quote:
    However child/ children of the one who`s blood already mixed will look like 100% Chinese. Could anyone confirm or reject such information?

Who is the other half of the reproducing pair? Caucasian, Asian, or mixed?

What is this documentary called?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.