CL Maintenance

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCL Maintenance

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Can we go back to the old forum format?  The login problem is becoming a pain I can login ok, but most of the time when I choose a topic to read it tells me I’m not logged in.  Also some issues typing with ipad if you delete a word, backspace or scroll the typing function locks.

Keymaster

The login problem is becoming a pain I can login ok, but most of the time when I choose a topic to read it tells me I’m not logged in. Also some issues typing with ipad if you delete a word, backspace or scroll the typing function locks.

Try clearing your browser cache. It works fine for me on Mac, Windows, and iPad. Can you describe what you mean by the “typing function locking”?

I’ve had the login issue myself as it goes, but that was more frequent on the previous version of the site.  I can’t say I’ve had to login enough times to the new version to know if it’s better or worse, but certainly it’s been less of a problem so far.  This used to happen on both Windows and OS X.

Keymaster

I’ve had the login issue myself as it goes, but that was more frequent on the previous version of the site. I can’t say I’ve had to login enough times to the new version to know if it’s better or worse, but certainly it’s been less of a problem so far. This used to happen on both Windows and OS X.

If you experience this problem in general on any website (login doesn’t stick), try clearing your cookies or cache. This will fix the problem 90% of the time. If you don’t want to delete all of your cookies, you can delete them just for specific sites with Safari or Chrome.

Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like in Safari, under Safari > Preferences > Cookies & Website Data Details:

Participant

@ Ian – The way I understand it is, and it works on my PC, when you enter the main forum, look at the top right and see if you have a message saying “Howdy, Ian”. If you don’t then hit the refresh button. If that doesn’t call up “Howdy, Ian” then you are not logged in. Sometimes you can be logged in but the system doesn’t recognise that you are logged in so you get directed to an old data base you are directed to an out of date forum listing and doesn’t show you as logged in (“Howdy, Ian”). In that event, hit the refresh button and you should get redirected to the current forum listing and see “Howdy, Ian” on the top right. If there is no “Howdy, Ian” displayed then you need to log in again.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.