Costca Coffee at Raffles Mall as a Wifi Hangout

HomeForumsIn ChengduCostca Coffee at Raffles Mall as a Wifi Hangout

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Update on Pacific Coffee. I went there again today. (Nice meeting you, Davey!) But the wifi was down for over two hours. Bummer. When it came up it wasn’t as fast as before but still good.

2259426759.png

Not sure I’ll give this premium-priced basement cafe another chance. Besides the connectivity issue, there’s an ever-present mechanical whine that irritatingly keeps switching between two tones. Might just return to my good ole standby: Starbucks by the Millennium Hotel.

Participant

Well, soon after I posted that. The connection dropped again!

Participant

not far from Raffles (领事馆路/ American consulate) a Charlie Brown coffee shop just opened. The internet seemed pretty fast although I didn’t know how to measure it on my iTouch.

The only downside for me is that people smoke inside, although for others this might be a good thing.

Participant

Starbucks at Raffles City scored an F today consistent with the last speed test.

2276040635.png

Keymaster

I added this place to Chengdu Places: Costa Coffee

Edit: I made a mistake about the wi-fi speed, it’s Pacific Coffee with the super fast speeds. Adding that place now, too. Hoping to get a good list of coffee shops with wi-fi going.

Quote:
    Starbucks at Raffles City scored an F today consistent with the last speed test.

Starbucks WiFi is just plain dumb. I know they don’t give a damn, but seriously, the only way you can ever get half way decent speeds in a Starbucks is if you happen to be the only person in the place using it. I just don’t even bother connecting to it anymore.

Keymaster
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.