Future classmates in Chuanda?

HomeForumsIn ChengduFuture classmates in Chuanda?

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anybody know the official start date of the semester?

Thank you Ye Ming for reassuring me ^^’

I’ll leave you guys talk about your university, maybe be will meet next year ^^

Well Xiao Wei, if you find it hard finding classmates, it will still be nice to have an acquaintance with each other 🙂

@AM: I lost my little info packet I got at uni but my friend said we start orientation on the 27th.. Or I think that’s when it is. I will check my departments blackboard to see if there’s document copies online.

I was actually coming to ask if anyone has received a semester calendar yet? I want to buy insurance for holiday times because our uni’s insurance only covers us for 2/3 days away from our city of study.

Participant

@ AM,

the classes start at Sept 3rd. But you should register at the foreign student office between the 24th and 29th. Orientation and placement test is at the 29th at 9am. See Chuanda website for foreigners for the exact details (bottom).

Oh and don’t expect too much info about when a holiday is. Last semester we were informed a few days in advance only. And when a holiday is during the week, they will move those classes to Saturday and/or Sunday.

Participant

Cheers

Thanks a lot!! Great… well buying insurance is gonna be a hoot. Do you know around what time you had holiday next year? Then I will just make an estimate..

Participant

I only did the spring semester and actually those exact dates I also forgot. Better to ask the foreign student office to help you. They should know the dates in advance, although they don’t hand them out.

Oops, I meant ‘last year’, not next year haha. Our supervisor told us she has been asking but was told they don’t know… Well, thanks for all the help though, it’s really helpful. I didn’t even find that website, I find navigating their main website quite tedious and feels like I’m going round in a maze to find new info.

Participant

yes, it can be a pain in the ass to get information in general. But normally things work out well and once your classes start, just talk with your classmates and somehow some always receive the latest information before the teacher tells you. Don’t worry about it too much. And for class excursions (once a month) the school will also arrange insurance I believe.

I’ll be studying at Sichuan U in the fall as well. I’m from Canada and look forward to meeting you all!

Thanks a lot Vincent 🙂 Any business to do with the school is insured already by my universities policy so those are fine. Just personal trips are not covered for more than Friday-Sunday time ect…

I will just get insurance for February and hope it covers new years holiday haha.

Hey Oyster!

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.