Happy Valley this Saturday

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHappy Valley this Saturday

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Quote:
    may i ask if i can join u guys ?

Yes, of course you can.

Quote:
    The plan is to go drinking with some of the colleagues here. I am afraid I won’t be making it. But let me know if you’re doing anything the Saturday after that.

No worries Lino. Have a great night tonight!!

Participant

Does anyone know the price of admission to Happy Valley?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Does anyone know the price of admission to Happy Valley?

The ticket price is 150 yuan for adults or 120 yuan for students with ID. Here’s the official website: Happy Valley Chengdu

Participant

Just been looking at pics of HV online and I must say, it looks amazing!

Starting to worry that we might not all find each other too easily however. It is some size of a place…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Starting to worry that we might not all find each other too easily however. It is some size of a place…

I have your number and you have mine, I’ll just send you a text that says meet by the ferris wheel at 1pm or whatever. That’s probably the best way to meet. Also I wouldn’t count on seeing many foreigners there at all. Last time I went I think I ran into a single one amidst hundreds or thousands of Chinese people.

Participant

Yeh good point, thanks 🙂

Participant

Just left happy valley, very few people today. I think with weather cooling off it’ll be comfortably busy tomorrow but not packed like summer when the waterpark is in full swing..

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just left happy valley, very few people today. I think with weather cooling off it’ll be comfortably busy tomorrow but not packed like summer when the waterpark is in full swing..

Good news, thanks. Weather looks like it’ll be okay tomorrow as well.

Participant
    Quote:

Thanks Rick! Going to forward this to a couple of my friends who are thinking of pulling out as they think it will be too busy.

Quote:
    Weather looks like it’ll be okay tomorrow as well.

Yay!

Participant

I would also like to go but this Saturday is not good for me.. I look forward to the next group going!

Lots of smiles 🙂

Nele

Participant

Like to go, but Saturday i have work to do, i was at east train station around 10:30am, so don’t think i can make it. Maybe next time 🙂

Participant

Deary dear… starting to think this wasn’t the best weekend for HV.

Although I guess whichever one you choose, there’ll always be people who can’t make it.

We can definitely arrange another trip soon!

As for tomorrow, as long as I’ve got someone to go on the roller coaster with, I’m happy 🙂

I’m definitely down for roller coasters, assuming I don’t get lost:) Although, as I get older the spinning rides kill me. So, I’ll have to pass on those. i.e Tea cups…..

Happy Valley: where it is?

When I went to school in Kansas, there was a Chinese restaurant named Happy Valley. Miss Kansas so much.

Participant

Happy Valley is north west of Chengdu. For rides and what not. Mini 6 flags.

Damn.. When i think of happy valley, i think of penn state.. And recently ‘Jerry Sandusky’… Crap.. JerryS.. WTF!!! NOOOZZOOOZZZZZZ!

BTW, great seeing and meeting those who went to Happy Valley today at the Pug. 🙂

Keymaster

Happy Valley was great! I got a lot of photos, I will post them here soon. Nice to meet some new people and spend a day outside on Saturday.

Personal highlights:

– The vertical drop ride

– The red sit-down roller coaster (bought a photo also, only 20 kuai!)

– Walking around and hearing “Niggas in Paris” a total of 5 times over loudspeakers

– The basketball performance with Chinese guys doing flips off a trampoline into slam dunks

– Carnival games, I knocked down cans with a baseball and won a pink stuffed monkey

– The haunted house. far exceeded my expectations

Happy Valley is really easy to get to now on the subway. From the northern most stop on Line 1 I took a 20 kuai sanlun there in about 10 minutes.

Keymaster

I posted some of the photos from Happy Valley on my blog at this address: Photos from Happy Valley

A few others:

HappyValley-dunk.jpg

The dunking show was fun

HappyValley-mug.jpg

In the gift shop at the amusement park

HappyValley-kid.jpg

Lots of carnival games

HappyValley-skull-blog.jpg

The haunted house was great

HappyValley-ride.jpg

This ride was really fun

HappyValley-snack.jpg

Strange snacks in line

HappyValley-Crazybirds.jpg

What’s Angry Birds? Do you mean China’s Crazy Birds?

My favorite ride is the one that swings and twirls at the same time. The ride attendants quickly point out a big trashcan for puking after the ride.

Participant

Pictures are very good.

Charlie, what is the name of the subway station you got off near Happy Valley?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Charlie, what is the name of the subway station you got off near Happy Valley?

It’s called Shengxian Hu.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.