Hiring English Teachers in Chengdu

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring English Teachers in Chengdu

• This topic has 710 replies, 124 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoCharlie.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thank you Collin for your input, at least somebody with the some common sense and know hows of  Teachers and salary`s. My goal was not to offend anybody just to enlighten them of the current scams and greedy agents floating around. In one of these job postings they offer you a 8000rmb monthly salary which is good but only a 1000rmb housing allowance. In what hole are you suppose to live for a 1000rmb a month? Its ridiculous if you ask me. They should at least offer you housing to share with a flat mate, and not let you squander around looking for something decent to live in while you busy making them money at the end of the day.

Participant

Teaching ESL in Chengdu isnt about the money. Some people can suffice living off of 6000 rmb a month. I would imagine they work less hours than a full time person. A Sichuan Uni teacher makes about 4500 and 1500 for housing, not bad for less than 16 hours per week. So what can someone do on their 5 days off? Well whateva he or she wants! (average is about 100 RMB per hour or so).

Look Frankie, if you support CTFU, good on you. If you done your research on SEO, you’ll realize that CTFU is spamming different boards. I commented on the sketchiness of CTFU and of course the salary ideas they provided does not compute with Chengdu Culture and market place for pricing of teachers. Why would someone pay 300 RMB an hour for English, unless it’s specialized field of study? If the market does demand that, then i would imagine PHD dudes from states would flood the supply side for the need.

As for the post being deleted, it is common for SEO retards to send cease and desist messages or they threaten legal issues, because well.. Internets and SEO can and will try to sue people who ‘defame them.’ Or some other god forsaken reason.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=103895&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135&sid=f80f9865a51c6c9f66a812cec6c44c71

If you check that thread out, 10 pages of bickering (like we are doing now) on how CTFU and their cronies are spamming the threads of ‘testimonials.’ New accounts pop up and give their share of ideas of CTFU and ‘agreeing’ with them (there is a common IP address between them, source from a Mod), while using citation and statistics wrongly if i may add.

As for ‘unions.’ Here is the definition: <span>an organized association of workers formed to protect and further their rights and interests; a labor union.
    </span>

The word ‘Union’ in CTFU is what really threw me off. Of course if it’s a true union, there would be a governing body and head while collecting dues. If you used CTFU, then did you pay an overhead fee to get them to negotiate? How much was it 3k? Are they collecting dues per month or else the schools will be ‘black listed’ on CTFU’s website?

Average price for teaching English in Chengdu (if you really done your research instead of relying on CTFU) is 110-150 RMB an hour: key word is average, not highest or lowest or any outlier. Pay average is higher if the teacher is spectacular. One can go through a training school to achieve this wage or find students on their own. Having one’s own school, you can make, say 60,000 RMB a month. OMG WOW ALL THAT MONEYZZZZ! But guess what, having money has more issues. No free time. I know a bud in Beijing who does this (but with the new law in place, he has to move shop to another Provence.. Pity no?)., he has more complications than good.

So if your goal is money and do not want to get butt fucked up the ass, open your own school. If you are content with Chengdu’s life style, take what ever job you want that gives you the flexibility to bask in the culture (i am on this path and so are many others).

Re: 8000 RMB and 1k housing could mean that the school is outside 3rd ring road. Nothing here is black and white and only matters within the sounding area of the school. 8k RMB, you can live like a king (look at other threads of cost of living in Chengdu). You also have to see the work schedule. Possibly 4 hours teaching per day or less, which can justify the pay. Which is average 113 RMB per hour; includes airfare, 1-2 months off per year with pay, ect ect.

Now the biggest scam is Peace Corp. Shitty pay for long hours, but it’s not about the money now is it?

Participant

i2
    Established in 2006, the International Institute of Education (i2) combines highly motivated students with experienced educators. Relying on a truly international team of academic professionals, i2 is the alternative to monotonous English teaching mills seen throughout much of China. Centered on a philosophy that catering to the individual needs of students breeds success, i2 takes a wholly original approach to the study and comprehension of language.

Style
    i2 believes that a close bond between student and educator is essential for academic success and with that in mind i2 caps each class at no more than 4 students. Building on the guarantee of a small classroom setting i2 tailors each of its courses to the individual needs of the students, rather than pre packaged courses sold in bulk. With the flexibility and comfort of a small classroom, coupled with driven students and experienced educators, i2 provides the perfect atmosphere for academic success.
    I2 also provide some subject classes, beside English class, such as basketball class, dancing class, tennis class, etc.

Position
    As an i2 Educator, each teacher will carry a per week course load of 15/20 hours. With i2’s philosophy of a small classroom setting, this often translates to a single educator working with no more than 4 students per class.
    Develop course curriculum per student’s needs
    Deliver well prepared and enthusiastic lessons
    Participate in i2 related activities
    Salary
    *Negotiable based on your teaching experience but I’m sure it is better than what most of other schools in Chengdu offer.
    Our advantage
    i2 is located in Chengdu,which is one of the most attractive cities in China.
    i2 offers higher salary than the average one other schools offers in Chengdu.
    i2 is a certificated school granted the right to hire foreigners while some schools don’t have the right to hire foreigners.

Benefits
    Visa – Student visa (x), Business visa (F), Employment visa (z)
    Resident Permit
    Flight allowance: 6,000RMB – Following completion of contract
    Paid holiday
    Continued academic training
    Private Chinese lessons
    Qualifications
    Bachelor degree (BA/BS) from accredited college/university
    Native English speaker (USA, England, Australia and Canada)
    Desired Qualifications
    TEFL/TOEFL certified
    1+ year(s) experience teaching in Asia (China, S. Korea, Japan)

If you want to have a good job in Chengdu, i2 is the best choice for you!
    Please contact Demi with the following options:
    email: [email protected]
    qq: 1610472231

For more information, please check our websites:
    http://www.i2education.com/zh-CN/index.html
    http://www.i2ed.com/

Participant

We are a one-to-one high-end English training school . Now we are looking for some native english speakers as our full-time and part-time teachers.

Requirements:
    1) native language speakers with outstanding communicational skills.
    2) has basic teaching skills, withing teaching experience preferred
    3) positive, kind, patient and passionate
    4) teachers with IELTS/TESOL/TEFL/CELTA are preferred
    5) experience related to business is preferred.

Salary and benefits:
    1) Competitive salary (8,000 rmb-12000 rmb/month) and housing allowance (1,000 RMB/month)
    2) Paid vacation
    3) Flight allowance and insurance provided
    4) Work visa provided
    5) Other bonuses offered
    If you are interested, please send your CV with your recent photos attached to [email protected], and I will contact with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Participant

Hey Jerry, I hear what you say. Before I offend you in your version of  living like a king I will rather stop everything here.

It was nice having this discussion with you but it seems to be getting out of hand now. You seem like a really nice guy and it would of been nice getting to know you under different circumstances, maybe have a beer or 2 somewhere. So you can enlighten me on what is what in your country.

Have a good evening and keep well!!!

Participant

i2
    Established in 2006, the International Institute of Education (i2) combines highly motivated students with experienced educators. Relying on a truly international team of academic professionals, i2 is the alternative to monotonous English teaching mills seen throughout much of China. Centered on a philosophy that catering to the individual needs of students breeds success, i2 takes a wholly original approach to the study and comprehension of language.

Style
    i2 believes that a close bond between student and educator is essential for academic success and with that in mind i2 caps each class at no more than 4 students. Building on the guarantee of a small classroom setting i2 tailors each of its courses to the individual needs of the students, rather than pre packaged courses sold in bulk. With the flexibility and comfort of a small classroom, coupled with driven students and experienced educators, i2 provides the perfect atmosphere for academic success.
    I2 also provide some subject classes, beside English class, such as basketball class, dancing class, tennis class, etc.

Position
    As an i2 Educator, each teacher will carry a per week course load of 15/20 hours. With i2’s philosophy of a small classroom setting, this often translates to a single educator working with no more than 4 students per class.
    Salary
    *Negotiable based on your teaching experience but I’m sure it is better than what most of other schools in Chengdu offer.
    Our advantage
    i2 is a certificated school granted the right to hire foreigners while some schools don’t have the right to hire foreigners.

Benefits
    Resident Permit
    Paid holiday
    Private Chinese lessons
    Qualifications
    Desired Qualifications
    TEFL/TOEFL certified

Participant

EXPERIENCED IELTS/TOELF TEACHER NEEDED IN CHENGDU CHINA
    Classifieds > Jobs > Jobs Offered
    If you are interested, please send your CV with photo attached to [email protected] Thanks!
    We are looking for IELTS AND TOELF TEACHERS with teaching experience of IELTS and TOEFL. Most of our customers take classes on weekends and every weekday evening.
    Organization: I2-International Institute of Education
    Address: E5 block Global Center, High-tech Zone Chengdu city, Sichuan Province China (You can take metro 1 and get off from Jincheng Square then you’ll see Global Center)
    Requirements:
    1. IELTS/TOEFL teaching Experience in Asia (China, S. Korea, Japan) is preferred.
    2. Native English Speaker (If you come from UK, Australia or North America, EU, we will give priority to consideration.)
    3. Bachelor’s Degree, a Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Education/ Teaching or equivalent preferred.
    4. No police record
    Salary and benefits:
    PART TIME : Pay by 150-200/hr basis with nice teaching environment, friendly staff and caring company.
    If you are experienced teacher and can teach english well , we can sign contract with you.
    As for our full time teacher, we provide:
    15 hours/week contract-starting at 6500RMB per month
    20 hours/week contract-starting at 8000RMB per month
    Z Visa (Employment)
    Resident Permit
    Flight allowance: 7,000RMB – Upon completion of contract
    Paid holiday
    Notes: Relevant documents :
    1.CV
    2.Photos
    3. Copy of passport

Participant

Teaching Position Available
    Experienced teachers needed for special classes like Piano、Golf、Jazz、Italian and many more !
    We are also looking for experienced IELTS/TOEFL instructors !
    Competitive salary starting at 150-200RMB/H and negotiable!
    We have our own cars and drivers to provide pick-up and delivery service!
    We have the largest group of foreign experts with a friendly and caring atmosphere and a comfortable work environment!

Make your talents come to life at i2!

For more information, please send your CV and contact
    Email: [email protected]

Participant

Has anybody ever worked for i2 before?

Participant

I was joint manager until August 2012

Participant

I was joint manager until August 2012

Any tales to tell? Good school to work for? The level of spam they post is outstanding!

Participant

I did some part-time work for them last year & they were very good with me. I worked in the Zijing school & Nina was very helpful & professional. I got paid on time (early actually) & had no problems. I only worked there a month or so to make some extra money for my trip & to cover other teachers’ classes.

Participant

Frankie,

I teach at i2 and in my opinion they are a good employer.  Of course I can’t rent an apartment for 1,000 RMB a month, but having a little bit extra on top of the salary is nice.  I just think of it as a job paying 9,000 a month.  With other bonuses, KPI’s, etc. I can usually get between 9,500 and 10,000 a month without having to teach overtime (which is pretty easy to get if you want to work more).

Participant

i2

Style

Position
    Salary
    Our advantage

Benefits
    Resident Permit
    Paid holiday
    Private Chinese lessons
    Qualifications
    Desired Qualifications
    TEFL/TOEFL certified

Participant

Wow, KPI’s in a language mill? I guess it doesn’t surprise me given the nature of the business, but I’d be interested to see their model!

Participant

EXPERIENCED IELTS/TOELF TEACHER NEEDED IN CHENGDU CHINA
    Classifieds > Jobs > Jobs Offered
    If you are interested, please send your CV with photo attached to [email protected] Thanks!
    We are looking for IELTS AND TOEFl TEACHERS with teaching experience of IELTS and TOEFL. Most of our customers take classes on weekends and late afternoon.
    Organization: I2-International Institute of Education
    Requirement:
    1. IELTS/TOEFL teaching Experience in Asia (China, S. Korea, Japan) is preferred.
    2. Native English Speaker (If you come from UK, Australia or North America, EU, we will give priority to consideration.)
    3. Bachelor’s Degree, a Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Education/ Teaching or equivalent preferred.
    4. No police record
    If you are living in chengdu recently, we’ll also give priority to consideration.
    Salary and benefits:
    PART TIME : Pay by 150-200/hr basis with nice teaching environment, friendly staff and caring company.
    If you are experienced teacher and can teach english as well , we can sign contract with you.
    As for our full time teacher, we provide:
    15 hours/week contract-starting at 6500RMB per month
    20 hours/week contract-starting at 8000RMB per month
    Paid overtime
    Z Visa (Employment)
    Resident Permit
    Flight allowance: 7,000RMB – Upon completion of contract
    Paid holiday
    Notes: Relevant documents :
    1.CV
    2.Photos
    3. Copy of passport

Participant

Teaching Position Available
    Experienced teachers needed for special classes like Piano、Jazz、Italian and many more !
    We are also looking for experienced IELTS/TOEFL instructors !
    Competitive salary starting at 150-200RMB/H and negotiable!
    We have our own cars and drivers to provide pick-up and delivery service!
    We have the largest group of foreign experts with a friendly and caring atmosphere and a comfortable work environment!

Make your talents come to life at i2!

For more information, please send your CV and contact
    Tel: 028-8735 2990
    Email: [email protected]

Participant

International Institute of Education (i2) is an English training school in Chengdu Chongqing,Mianyang and Guiyang city .
    As an i2 educator, most of our classes are one-to-one although we also have some small classes. We need people to work for 20 hours a week, more or less if you choose. Students are all ages, from 3-adults, but most students will be children between 6 and 12 years old.
    Requirements:
    -Native English Speaker
    -Bachelor’s degree
    -Related teaching experience
    -Outstanding communication skills
    -Positive, friendly personality is a must
    Salary and benefits:
    -Competitive salary (8,000 rmb-12000 rmb/month) and housing allowance (1,000 rmb/month)
    -paid extra hours
    -Paid vacation
    -Paid holidays
    -Flight allowance and insurance provided
    -Work visa provided
    -Other bonuses offered

Participant

International Institute of Education (i2) is an English training school in Chengdu Chongqing,Mianyang and Guiyang city .
    As an i2 educator, most of our classes are one-to-one although we also have some small classes. We need people to work for 20 hours a week, more or less if you choose. Students are all ages, from 3-adults, but most students will be children between 6 and 12 years old.
    Requirements:
    -Native English Speaker
    -Bachelor’s degree
    -Related teaching experience
    -Outstanding communication skills
    -Positive, friendly personality is a must
    Salary and benefits:
    -Competitive salary (8,000 rmb-12000 rmb/month) and housing allowance (1,000 rmb/month)
    -paid extra hours
    -Paid vacation
    -Paid holidays
    -Flight allowance and insurance provided
    -Work visa provided
    -Other bonuses offered

Participant

i2

Style

Position
    Salary
    Our advantage

Benefits
    Resident Permit
    Paid holiday
    Private Chinese lessons
    Qualifications
    Desired Qualifications
    TEFL/TOEFL certified

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 711 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.