Howie B @ Xiong Mao – 3rd February

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHowie B @ Xiong Mao – 3rd February

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i heard emptysville from a few sources. they wanted hiroshi and i to dj sunday morning/afternoon i laughed and said this wasn’t berlin. if people complain about xiong mao being far away, whats the logic of opening a copycat themed club even farther away?

Participant

Yeah, when Justin told me where White Monkey, I mean White Rabbit is, my intial thought was WTF?

Participant

Yeah, when Justin told me where White Monkey, I mean White Rabbit is, my intial thought was WTF?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    if people complain about xiong mao being far away, whats the logic of opening a copycat themed club even farther away?

I cannot figure this out either. As is, I rarely make it to Xiong Mao and White Rabbit is probably an even more inconvenient location. I can’t imagine that a club all the way out there (Huayang, if I’m not mistaken) is gonna last.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    if people complain about xiong mao being far away, whats the logic of opening a copycat themed club even farther away?

I cannot figure this out either. As is, I rarely make it to Xiong Mao and White Rabbit is probably an even more inconvenient location. I can’t imagine that a club all the way out there (Huayang, if I’m not mistaken) is gonna last.

Participant
    Quote:
    howie put on a great set of classy techno. i wasn’t sure if he was gonna do trip-hop which honestly i’m not the biggest fan of.

Yeah, i was surprised by him playing mostly 4×4 beats. The first hour was proper old techno but he did play a few breakbeat numbers later in his set. Also he done at least 50 spinbacks during his set.

Quote:
    roomie burned one down with him after the set, solid dude.

Aye, he was sound. He’s got a thick Glaswegian accent. I’d be surprised if any of the Chinese people understood a word he said. He brought a bag of vinyl but didn’t use them, he just used CDs (which were stored loose in a plastic bag – no wallets, no sleeves, nothing)

Quote:
    so Howie pulled a decent crowd?

Respectable crowd. Wasn’t packed or anything but busy enough for it to be fun.

Participant
    Quote:
    howie put on a great set of classy techno. i wasn’t sure if he was gonna do trip-hop which honestly i’m not the biggest fan of.

Yeah, i was surprised by him playing mostly 4×4 beats. The first hour was proper old techno but he did play a few breakbeat numbers later in his set. Also he done at least 50 spinbacks during his set.

Quote:
    roomie burned one down with him after the set, solid dude.

Aye, he was sound. He’s got a thick Glaswegian accent. I’d be surprised if any of the Chinese people understood a word he said. He brought a bag of vinyl but didn’t use them, he just used CDs (which were stored loose in a plastic bag – no wallets, no sleeves, nothing)

Quote:
    so Howie pulled a decent crowd?

Respectable crowd. Wasn’t packed or anything but busy enough for it to be fun.

Participant
    Quote:
    i heard emptysville from a few sources. they wanted hiroshi and i to dj sunday morning/afternoon i laughed and said this wasn’t berlin.

haha, Open Disk 8am-2pm, any DJ could play. Good luck finding someone to fill that slot.

I’ve not heard how busy it was but I heard the location/area is really nice. Think they made a mistake by charging 150 for a 3 day ticket. Most people would’ve only wanted to go one night to check it out.

PS – The party is still going. DJ P.Feng is in the middle of a 12 hour set. Finishes at midnight tonight.

Participant
    Quote:
    i heard emptysville from a few sources. they wanted hiroshi and i to dj sunday morning/afternoon i laughed and said this wasn’t berlin.

haha, Open Disk 8am-2pm, any DJ could play. Good luck finding someone to fill that slot.

I’ve not heard how busy it was but I heard the location/area is really nice. Think they made a mistake by charging 150 for a 3 day ticket. Most people would’ve only wanted to go one night to check it out.

PS – The party is still going. DJ P.Feng is in the middle of a 12 hour set. Finishes at midnight tonight.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Hahaha… hey, who is DJ Dick On Tempo? lol I seen his name on Weibo.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Participant
    Quote:

He’s part of Brown Sugar, they’re based in Guangzhou. Here’s their facebook

Participant
    Quote:

He’s part of Brown Sugar, they’re based in Guangzhou. Here’s their facebook

Participant

I propose an afterparty bus from xiong mao to white rabbit villa which will also build a raver hostel. Until then, Chengdu nightlife ends with panda’s open bar at 3am. That is unless you like psytrance till 6am at Lan Town’s tripped out little brother.

Participant

I propose an afterparty bus from xiong mao to white rabbit villa which will also build a raver hostel. Until then, Chengdu nightlife ends with panda’s open bar at 3am. That is unless you like psytrance till 6am at Lan Town’s tripped out little brother.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.