I Sent a Package Home and Something's Missing

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionI Sent a Package Home and Something's Missing

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was in China earlier this year and I sent a box of stuff home….around 11 Kgs using the China Post service and opted for surface mail which is ‘by sea’. I had some books in there and a few souvenirs and a Chinese cleaver which cooks use in China. I got the package today and it had been roughly handled and one side of the box on the top was ripped open. I think everything was there except for a cleaver I had bought. It was a really cheap one. Why would ‘they’ remove that? If I had taken it onto a flight and was in my hand luggage I would understand but on-board a ship and unaccompanied? The cleaver was at the bottom of the box so I don’t think it had fallen out. Just a little pi**ed because it had more of a sentimental value than financial worth? Anybody know what this would be the case?

Keymaster

When you sent the package home, was the box searched? Ordinarily I believe what they do is pack the box for you and if there’s anything objectionable, they’ll bring it up. I’m not sure what the rule on shipping a knife is, I’m surprised that would be a problem.

Keymaster

When you sent the package home, was the box searched? Ordinarily I believe what they do is pack the box for you and if there’s anything objectionable, they’ll bring it up. I’m not sure what the rule on shipping a knife is, I’m surprised that would be a problem.

Participant

I put everything in the box from another box at the PO in Chengdu. I had a local there helping me. They sealed the box there in from of me with tape…..so I don’t know where that happened. There were other things more valuable in the box that this very cheap knife.

Participant

I put everything in the box from another box at the PO in Chengdu. I had a local there helping me. They sealed the box there in from of me with tape…..so I don’t know where that happened. There were other things more valuable in the box that this very cheap knife.

why don’t you call the China Post custmoer services? even it’s only a cleaver, but it’s still your property. and they should responsible for losing your stuff.

why don’t you call the China Post custmoer services? even it’s only a cleaver, but it’s still your property. and they should responsible for losing your stuff.

Participant

I am actually in the UK right now but I have contacted ‘Parcelforce’ who delivered at this end.

Participant

I am actually in the UK right now but I have contacted ‘Parcelforce’ who delivered at this end.

Participant

sounds to me it was likely the UK customs, x-rayed and checked it and removed the knife because importing knives into the UK over 6 inches (at a guess) is illegal without the documentation. But then the customs would have put an inspection and removal notice on the package.

If it was China customs I also think they would put a notice on the box.

Perhaps it was just some lacky who needed a sharper knife, or it was a soap character out of ‘lock stock’.

I have sent plenty of stuff back to England, mostly choosing the overland rather than oversea option (just because I like trains) and the packages have never been interfered with despite going through Russia and eastern-bloc countries!

Participant

sounds to me it was likely the UK customs, x-rayed and checked it and removed the knife because importing knives into the UK over 6 inches (at a guess) is illegal without the documentation. But then the customs would have put an inspection and removal notice on the package.

If it was China customs I also think they would put a notice on the box.

Perhaps it was just some lacky who needed a sharper knife, or it was a soap character out of ‘lock stock’.

I have sent plenty of stuff back to England, mostly choosing the overland rather than oversea option (just because I like trains) and the packages have never been interfered with despite going through Russia and eastern-bloc countries!

Participant

I have brought some stuff for cake decoration from amzon overseas, last package i got have one side of the box was ripped open too, a bottle of pink colour ribbon candy missing.

It’s not expensive, but i know this will happen sometimes, guess somebody just want to eat some candy. 🙁

I have read many information like Chinese buy things from amzon, then used China Post send it to China, lot’s of stuff missing in the package, like shoes, baby milk powder, or iphone.

Too bad!

Participant

I have brought some stuff for cake decoration from amzon overseas, last package i got have one side of the box was ripped open too, a bottle of pink colour ribbon candy missing.

It’s not expensive, but i know this will happen sometimes, guess somebody just want to eat some candy. 🙁

I have read many information like Chinese buy things from amzon, then used China Post send it to China, lot’s of stuff missing in the package, like shoes, baby milk powder, or iphone.

Too bad!

Participant

They ‘Parcelforce’ said they would get back to me yesterday but did not. ‘Yesmaybe’ I agree one would have thought that they would have put a removal notice on it but there’s nothing. Also, they hadn’t sealed the box up properly. But the knife was really cheap. There were some other things in there which were more expensive. I’ll phone them again later.

Participant

They ‘Parcelforce’ said they would get back to me yesterday but did not. ‘Yesmaybe’ I agree one would have thought that they would have put a removal notice on it but there’s nothing. Also, they hadn’t sealed the box up properly. But the knife was really cheap. There were some other things in there which were more expensive. I’ll phone them again later.

Keymaster

Judging by the condition that the package arrived in, my assumption would be that it was China which tampered with the package and its contents. Parcelforce should be able to confirm or deny that when you get a hold of them.

Keymaster

Judging by the condition that the package arrived in, my assumption would be that it was China which tampered with the package and its contents. Parcelforce should be able to confirm or deny that when you get a hold of them.

Participant

Maybe charlie but Parcelforce aren’t being very good either. The guy on the phone….’an agent’ is what he was called said he would look into it and phone me back yesterday. He didn’t. But he did say that the lorry driver should have pointed out the damage and I check it’s contents. He probably wanted to get away quickly and finish his day’s work. I personally don’t think I have a leg to stand on because I didn’t kick up a fuss at the time. If I ever do this again, I will know what to do next time.

Participant

Maybe charlie but Parcelforce aren’t being very good either. The guy on the phone….’an agent’ is what he was called said he would look into it and phone me back yesterday. He didn’t. But he did say that the lorry driver should have pointed out the damage and I check it’s contents. He probably wanted to get away quickly and finish his day’s work. I personally don’t think I have a leg to stand on because I didn’t kick up a fuss at the time. If I ever do this again, I will know what to do next time.

You should know that any items that is maybe dangerous can not be mailed privately

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.