Kick- and Thaiboxing in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionKick- and Thaiboxing in Chengdu?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey those interested – sorry for the last minute on this:

Fighting competition tonight at the East Music Park. Was just told to call someone when I arrive and they’ll get me, but if anyone interested I’ll post exact location in music park as soon as I know. I think the fights start at 6pm, tickets can buy there, not sure on price but I presume like 80-100rmb? Should be a few good fighters and it’ll probably last a couple hours.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Fighting competition tonight at the East Music Park. Was just told to call someone when I arrive and they’ll get me, but if anyone interested I’ll post exact location in music park as soon as I know. I think the fights start at 6pm, tickets can buy there, not sure on price but I presume like 80-100rmb? Should be a few good fighters and it’ll probably last a couple hours.

Is there a flyer or anything? Who’s fighting, what style, how many fights, what time does it end, etc?

Participant

I’m sure there is a flyer somewhere – I just got the info last minute, like, “are you free, I have tickets” – and to get more info contacted one of the guys (or the guy?) who pays to put these on.. he said he can give me a couple extra tickets (2). He hasn’t replied to me about exactly where in the park it is yet.

The fights start at 6 and it’s mixed – there is some K1, some muay thai, some MMA – most fights should be foreign vs. local (or all, as it was last time). The main fighter mentioned is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Salikhov – world champion in sanda/wushu now signed in MMA with phuket top team. I don’t have a fight card so no other info really.. still trying to get more via SMS 😀 Ah, supposedly a “good khazak” fighter be there too.

Participant

Here is Muslim’s first MMA fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-y3JWGJCdU) Like Rick said, he is training out of Phuket Top Team. Phuket Top Team is the hottest fight team in Asia right now and has a ton of talent. A few of my friends are trainers there. This should be a pretty good event. If you are interested in MMA I suggest you go and show the scene some support.

Participant

If anyone interested I’m heading there now – call me and I’ll try to arrange free entry.. we suppose to go early and meet fighters n shit 😀 18602806823 (I’ll ask for this to be edited out after the event :D)

Participant

I’m already here guys. Looks like it should be good.

Participant

What time do the fights start? Might give you a call Rick. Got a buddy who will be interested.

Participant

Looks like the first fight is at 7, people organizing around the building now.. 9 fights, some good fighters, called “world GP 2013” – you hangin around outside Collin?

Participant

Ah Collin you train with Z sometimes 🙂 we just passed you

Participant

A really good event tonight. A lot of great fights and good action. The refereeing could have been a little bit better, but considering this is a pretty new endeavor in Chengdu I would say it was a roaring success. I think it shows that there is a lot of opportunity to develop the fight-scene here in Chengdu. It’s just going to take time and a lot of education. Ultimately, the failure or success of MMA in Chengdu depends on cultivating the right athletes. It could be the right time to open a gym. I’m sure Zybnek, Jerry S, myself, and Brandon can come to an agreement to open a gym if you want to finance us.

Participant

It was literally sold out – good fun. A lesson learned many times: don’t let it go to the judges, the last Thai vs. Chinese fight was a prime example. KO or no go.

Some great fights, some yawns, but as you said Collin an overall great success. I don’t know where they advertised to get a full house (and people spilling into the isles) but whatever it was, they need bigger venues and more events! And less commentary by the host re: female fighters… like asking their managers at the fight summary/trophy’ing “Do you think she’s pretty?” repeatedly, to both managers.

Surely that event will be on YouKu for all to see, will find it when it’s out and post it on the board.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.