Madlib @ East Music Park, Feb. 22

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMadlib @ East Music Park, Feb. 22

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Is there a map or directions in Chinese that I would be able to give a taxi driver?

Sorry Ty, I didn’t see your message until today. The venue, Mini Live, is easy to find if you walk through the front gate of Eastern Suburb Memory (东区音乐公园), it’s on the right side before you get to 7-11.

Quote:
    haha although unfortunately missed madlib, i went to tango to see Sven Vath that night… that was really dope

Honestly Madlib turned out to be a pretty weak DJ so I wouldn’t feel too bad about it. Not sure what the Shanghai show was like last night at Shelter but I heard the same thing from people in Beijing.

Participant
    Quote:
    Honestly Madlib turned out to be a pretty weak DJ so I wouldn’t feel too bad about it

it finally turned out to be a wise decision to go back to BJ on feb 22nd.

Sven was kinda a surprise cuz i went to yugongyishan alone to see NovaHeart’s liveshow, and luckily met some new friends. They invited me to another party of which they didn’t even know the dj’s name. and it just turn out to be Sven.

Participant

Gotta say Madlib disappointed me (i left halfway thru his set) but all in all, it was a good night….

Participant

Agree with most of the above. Thought Egon was much better to be honest.

Cain, how were Nova Heart? They’re playing little bar on the March 23rd. Looking forward to seeing them there.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Agree with most of the above. Thought Egon was much better to be honest.

Yeah, he got really funky. A lot of people liked his music.

Regardless of Madlib, thanks Andy and the promoters for doing this. Seeing someone like Madlib in Chengdu is a rare opportunity.

Participant
    Quote:
    Cain, how were Nova Heart? They’re playing little bar on the March 23rd. Looking forward to seeing them there.

yeaaah, they will be on a tour soon. The vocalist Helen Feng is really a talented musician. Their style is kinda italo, nu-disco, new wave. The drums are just dope!

Participant

Egon, DSK, Kafe Hu and Fat Shady stole the show that night.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.