Man Spas

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Enlighten me. What is this all about? The ads all show a fat Chinese guy in a rose petal bathtub being served tea by an attractive young woman with a suggestive look on her face. Though I’ve heard these are gatherings for gay escapades. Anyone know?

Participant

Formal men’s spa, the advertisements are usually only men.

“龙帅男士SPA” at Ke Hua Nan Lu Road and “嵘御男士 SPA”at XinXiWang Lu Road, is another one.

Participant

RE: “fat Chinese guy in a rose petal bathtub being served tea by an attractive young woman with a suggestive look on her face”

That’s the embodiment of the average Chinese man’s dream, is it not? Not sure where you heard the gay thing, haven’t heard anything about gay escapade spas, but I’m sure that’s also available somewhere. I’ve not been to any of the “Man Spa” brand, but in general in my experiences spas are pretty similarly experienced and I think Charlie has a pretty detailed post on the experience process. Most spas have “extra” services available, some more publicly advertised than others, and to different extents from what I hear, and I’d imagine this one is no different.

Most spas aren’t expensive, maybe give it a shot and post your experiences here 😀

Keymaster

LOL @ “fat Chinese guy in a rose petal bathtub being served tea by an attractive young woman”. Perfect description.

I haven’t been to the “Man Spa” which is advertised on the streets but like Rick said, I suspect it’s like other spas. Now I want to check out a Man Spa though just to see what’s going on there.

I wrote this post a few years ago which is about the Herijun Spa on Nijiaqiao Road near the subway station. I used to go there to watch NBA and NFL games in the middle of the night. On that particular night I think Sascha and I were getting foot massages while watching the NBA Finals.

moar spa reviews!

this would be a good way to entertain friends visiting the city.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    this would be a good way to entertain friends visiting the city.

That is exactly what I do also. Take visitors to the spa in the winter, soak in hot water, get a massage, and lounge around the place in a robe or pajamas sipping tea like a boss. Most of them have ping pong, billiards, Chinese chess, internet connected computers, etc too.

Participant

Well, interestingy enough; I just stumbled on this thread while mucking around on the site, and earlier today I made a joke to some Chinese friends about the rather suggestive logo of thr “Man Spa” brand (A cartoon wolf with its tail stickoing out between its legs and a very smug expression on its face). One of my mates is a cop and claimed that that particular brand doesn’t only offer conventional massage, but has a range of additional services as well.

He could, of course, have been pulling my leg, but I can’t see for what reason…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Well, interestingy enough; I just stumbled on this thread while mucking around on the site, and earlier today I made a joke to some Chinese friends about the rather suggestive logo of thr “Man Spa” brand (A cartoon wolf with its tail stickoing out between its legs and a very smug expression on its face). One of my mates is a cop and claimed that that particular brand doesn’t only offer conventional massage, but has a range of additional services as well.

I’m waiting for the day that somebody on the forum goes to the Man Spa and comes back with a first person account…

Participant

i volunteer myself

de bow bow

Keymaster
    Quote:
    i volunteer myself

Nice! Here’s the address: 火车南站东路和科华南路交叉口. They got a website also: Nanshi Spa

Quote:
    They got a website also

Chinese websites make me want to cry man tears.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.