Naturopathic Doctor in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduNaturopathic Doctor in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am interested in meeting with a naturopathic doctor in Chengdu. (basically a doctor that practices holistic medicine)

Anybody know of one?

Jane

Keymaster

If you’re looking for homeopathic treatment, like alternative therapy, there is a ton of that in Chengdu. From massage to acupuncture and much more. These things will most likely require some basic Chinese language skills though. Traditional Chinese medicine is a huge industry here with many facets, we published an article on this topic a while ago which you can check out: Symptoms & Ailments: A Westerner’s View of Traditional Chinese Medicine

Participant

I visited a TCM doctor about a month ago, and arranged to go with my tutor from the Mandarin Club. If you contacted the manager at MC, Tina Xu 15008270478, I think she could arrange something, if you needed a translator. I think the cost was about 16rmb/hr. You can probably find someone cheaper, but that’s one option. Also, the International Women’s Club of Chengdu might know of a practioner who speaks English. Check their website.http://www.chengduiwc.org/

Participant

I should also add that it’s very helpful to have some kind of translaton device/dictionary (eg tablet or iphone) that contains some medical terms, so you can at least indicate what and/or where your basic problem is. Sometimes the translators are not that familiar with specific medically related words.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.