Non Violent Communication

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNon Violent Communication

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody here familiar with Marshall Rosenberg’s Non Violent Communication method? I have studied it and taught it. Apparently, people can form NVC practice groups.

Check out: http://www.nonviolentcommunication.com/index.htm

Anybody interested to meet for an NVC practice group?

Participant

Headshot – best telepathy in the world, nuff said.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Anybody interested to meet for an NVC practice group?

What does an NVC practice group do?

Participant

Another simpler and clear-CUT method to non-violent communication: castration. Works every time.

Violent communication is underrated.

Participant

I would love to join this NVC group, but im part of another group that’s the polar opposite of this.. Can not compromise my interest groups.

Participant

As a daily cyclist here in CD I couldn’t possibly take part….every day I set out to try and be good and calm and respond gently to those lovely taxi-drivers……but somehow it never works out…..

Participant

Funny answers, I’m surprised. Yeah, all the suckers I wish I could castrate – haha! Here’s a link about the practice groups:

http://www.nvcworld.com/nvc-practice-groups

Basically, I’m interested in developing awareness, intentionality and presence in my life (not so unlike meditation can help one do). Also, it’s about communicating with more empathy towards others’ feelings and needs, and more self-awareness of my own feelings and needs. I want to express appreciation for others in this method, express regrets, and recognize wins, so I can celebrate more instead of suffering.

This sounds so serious, I’m realizing, and I guess it is to some extent. I’m just looking for some kind-hearted good folks to hang with and practice NVC with. 🙂

Jane

Quote:
    I’m just looking for some kind-hearted good folks to hang with and practice NVC with. 🙂

Forgive me for asking, but how is this ‘practiced’ beyond just meeting and having a chat? Do you actually role play scenarios? That could be potentially hilarious. I have a baseball bat I can bring.

😀

Participant

I follow a similar course that’s called “Mind Power” by John Kehoe.

Quote:
    As a daily cyclist here in CD I couldn’t possibly take part….every day I set out to try and be good and calm and respond gently to those lovely taxi-drivers……but somehow it never works out…..

This is an excellent example. People really need to learn how to stop letting what happens around them in the outer world (the world of circumstances and situations) constantly influence how they feel in their inner world (the world of your thoughts and feelings). It means you’re living in a state of reaction to what happens around you and represents having weak personal power and no self control.

Sure, almost getting run over isn’t fun but you have the power to either entertain or dismiss the negative thoughts that come along with it. You either react to it in your inner mind with thoughts of negativity and carry those thoughts all the way with you untill you arrive to your destination all fed up & frustrated of traffic, thinking you’re having yet another bad day, and let every minor thing that goes wrong make you even more insane.

Or you can simply observe what just happened, label the frustration as nothing more than a negative feeling and let it go & smile. It makes no difference whatsoever for traffic or people around you to stuff yourself with negative thoughts, anger and irritation. But you can at least learn how to control what you think yourself. Happiness is just a state of mind.

Participant

Hook, line and sinker…… 😀

Quote:
    Happiness is just a state of mind.

I love you Vincent.

Participant

How to deal with anger and aggression:

-New age mediation shit

-Kill innocent insects

-Clean one’s apartment (this i gots to do)

-And other hippy shit.

How i deal with it.. Pump some iron, watch MMA fights, beat my students up (one day they will return the love.. and ill be damn happy!) and drive my ebike to new territories… Driving is best way to deal with bad situations :). And bench pressing.

Participant

Why deal with it at all?

I hate everyone by default, thus when shit doesnt happen – its a lovely surprise every time. IMHO much more effective and practical scheme that this NVC or whatever.

Participant

In some situations I’ve found that flipping the bird works best. In a sense i consider this to be non-violent communication. Seriously, i wish i could just smile and think benevelent thoughts, but that aint the way i’m hard-wired. If a guy is being a douche, and Chengdu, like everywhere has its share of douches, the bird let’s the guy know i think he’s being a douche. 99% of the time said douche has realized he’s being a douche, and the situation is defused. The other 1%, well that adds to the wonderful spice of life….

(kids, today’s Word of the Day is douche. from the french. pronounced doosh…)

Participant

no seriously, despite all the jokes and machismo, i think this could be useful. I’m up, but as Brendan said, i dont think i’m up enough for role-playing (role-playing is always my line in the sand)

Participant

Just look at the second link I provided, Lesson 1. No role-playing necessary. I’m running out the door, sorry not more time to reply.

Participant

Or if there is role-playing in Lesson 1, we could cut that out, I can’t remember what it says, actually. 🙂

Participant
    Quote:
    Driving is best way to deal with bad situations

Jerry..you serious? Driving in China is often the root cause of negativity/bad situations, not the solution!

Participant

Well not in China… Was referring to the states, guess here its.. not soo much good way to relieve stress.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.