Nuts! Where to Buy?

HomeForumsIn ChengduNuts! Where to Buy?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone, food buying question here. So recently I’ve been trying to get some (cheap) nuts as a consistent snack, and I’m wondering if anyone has a good place around Chengdu to buy them. Almonds, Cashews and Walnuts primarily.

I’ve found them at a couple outdoor markets, and bought some on Taobao, but I’m mainly looking for cheap ones in bulk (not packaged, no added flavors). If anyone knows a good, cheap place to buy please share. The cheapest I’ve found for all of these is around 30-35 yuan for 500 grams.

Keymaster

Taobao has the best selection and the cheapest deals. Other places to check out:

• The Qingshiqiao food market in Chengdu, the same place where people have talked about getting sour cream, meat, and all sorts of other food products. Great place to get low cost and high quality food items
    • Local fruit shops will often have air-sealed bricks of nuts like almonds. This is where I usually get them, although they come at a slightly higher cost than Taobao and there’s less selection. They often have additives, also
    Participant

Okay great, qingshiqiao seems like it’s worth the trip!

Participant

I’m pretty fresh off the boat as far as being in Chengdu goes, but there’s a Trust Mart department store near where I work, and you can buy a 450 gram bag of (unshelled) peanuts for about 11.80 RMB. Salted unshelled peanuts sell for about 13.50 RMB. Those are the most affordable rates for nuts that I’ve been able to find thus far.

Keymaster

Okay great, qingshiqiao seems like it’s worth the trip!

Yup, this is the first place that I would check. Other than Qingshiqiao, I think Taobao is the best bet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.