Robot Muay Thai Gym

HomeForumsIn ChengduRobot Muay Thai Gym

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Jerry
    You’re cruel, you say “Also there is one guy to avoid there”

Then don’t mention whom. If you’re going to scare people away from a gym with an anonymous bogeyman that’s no fair, you’ve at least got to drag some names/descriptions thru the mud 😀

Participant

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I’m gonna check out Jerry’s gym this evening, even though I’ve never done mma or bjj. Then I’ll check out robot later this week. I appreciate the advice! If anyone has any other info on good gyms, or wants to join me for training sometime let me know 🙂 I’m new to chengdu!

Cheers!

Participant

Re general gyms for working out, the new one in IFC, directly opposite Megafit is nice, but its half the size and double the price (quoting about 3K yearly membership)

Keymaster

Then don’t mention whom. If you’re going to scare people away from a gym with an anonymous bogeyman that’s no fair, you’ve at least got to drag some names/descriptions thru the mud

Hahaha, that is pretty funny. Didn’t realize he didn’t mention whom until you pointed it out.

Participant

Heh, i’m not trying to scare people. Just one person there who is aggressive. He broke one of my student’s collar bone. My student had to get surgery and took one year off of training. Of course i want to meet this guy now…

@ Janice, come when you can. I think you sent me a FB message. I replied with my number. If anything happens call and i can help you find the club.

Keymaster

Heh, i’m not trying to scare people. Just one person there who is aggressive. He broke one of my student’s collar bone. My student had to get surgery and took one year off of training. Of course i want to meet this guy now…

@ Janice, come when you can. I think you sent me a FB message. I replied with my number. If anything happens call and i can help you find the club.

It kind of sounds like this: If you go to this gym you may be injured by a reckless aggressor whom I cannot name, but don’t let that stop you

Participant

Yea i kinda figured that. But just have to throw that warning since a few of my students got hurt there. Other than him, it’s a good training facility. Has a big ring, state of the art equipment, huge mat space and looks nice and snazzy.

Participant

Has a big ring, state of the art equipment, huge mat space and looks nice and snazzy.

Is this a description of the dude you say hurts people or the gym?

The point I was making Jerry is if you wanna slag someone off for other’s “warnings” meanwhile say it’s a good place to train, you should say, “his name is X, don’t spar with him.” or “he looks like Y, here’s his photo, don’t spar with him”.. no? Otherwise anyone who *does* go will have no idea which person is going to break their collar bone, plus, if you post their name/description they may catch wind and reply to the thread with a “don’t be mad bro your gf was gagging for it” type remark that’ll stir the pot for bemused observers looking for drama (me) 😀

Participant

I would if i knew him. I don’t. If i did know him, ill hunt him down. If anyone goes there, they will figure it out by the mass testosterone that exudes from him while training and sparring. Guys like him are pretty easy to figure out once stepping foot onto into the gym. And he also isn’t like by the trainers (word from other trainers).

…testosterone that exudes from him while training…

I do the same, but my demeanor is big and cuddly.

Jerry I will say you are consistently entertaining, and I haven’t even been around these parts lately. God bless you.

Participant

I’m a regular at Robot, and I have to say it’s a pretty decent gym. Instructors are good and very friendly guys, and for the newbies there is a lot of technical training. Currently one of the two instructors is also heavily into MMA. There’s a decent bit of pad work and a lot of us who like to spar, a fair few foreigners like myself and some of the Chinese guys.

As Jack pointed out a lot of the Chinese guys are very inexperienced at sparring and come at you too hard (a contributing factor might be that they’re intimidated sparring with big foreigners), but some are pretty good. One thing that’s changed recently, which I hope they change back, is that these days there is a lot of focus on bag work, rather than one on one technique and light sparring. I will mention this to the instructors, though, and see how they react.

Participant

Hi all. New to Chengdu. Wondering how up to date the location and class schedule are for Robot Gym. I’ve trained in a few styles over the years but am still pretty much a newbie. I’ve always wanted to give Muay Thai a try though. How is Robot for beginners? And is Jerry’s gym a different place? If so what kind of training goes on there?

Thanks

Joey

Participant

CDBJJ.org

Come train.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.