Searching for Sour Cream

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSearching for Sour Cream

• This topic has 21 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoles.
Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

no problem Rick.

Actually, you were correct in your assumption of there existing a difference between whipping cream and heavy cream because usually there is (whipping cream usually is only 30g of fat – slightly lighter and thus results in a lighter consistency). Just be sure to read the label and if it’s 36g or more, you are good to go.

Btw, be sure that you chill that cream in the fridge first and after souring it you may want to put back in fridge a little bit longer…also may require more than the 1 tbspn of lemon juice but just use trial and error and you will have it. good luck!

Participant

Rick, A couple of points i missed.

– Re: Nestle Whipping Cream – My wife informs me that the package actually says it has 35.5g of fat (which will work).

– Any Whipping Cream will also work for this purpose but the consistency will be lighter (some recipes on the web propose resolving this by adding some powdered milk and/or yogurt to thicken it up – both of which sound reasonable).

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.