Sichuan Opera This Week

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSichuan Opera This Week

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone!

I’m thinking of heading to the Sichuan Opera sometime next week. It’s on every evening at the Shu Feng Ya Yun teahouse which is in Chengdu Culture Park, Qintai Road, just by Qingyang Temple). You can have a look at what to expect and how to book here: http://www.travelsichuanguide.com/tour/opera.html

Looks like a cool night – anybody fancy it? It’s fairly near the Tibetan quarter, which has some amazing restaurants, and there’s a hotpot place just down the road from Wou Hu Temple which blew my mind – we could meet for some food beforehand if people were keen for that too? I’m waiting on my work schedule (we only get it a week in advance), but just thought I’d put some feelers out to see who was up for it and when might suit!

Hopefully see you soon!

L x

Update: This was fun! Here are Charlie’s photos from the night:

Opera.jpg

Opera2.jpg

Opera3.jpg

Opera4.jpg

Opera5.jpg

Opera6.jpg

Opera7.jpg

Opera8.jpg

Keymaster

I’ll go! I’ve been to Sichuan Opera at Qintai Lu years ago and it is great.

Participant

i havent gone yet… only seen the boring one at the shangrila. so… im interested!

Yeeeah! Wicked – missed seeing you at polo on Sun by the way, Charlie, will hopefully make it down after work this week.

What days are good for you guys?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    What days are good for you guys?

How about Tuesday night?

Quote:
    Wicked – missed seeing you at polo on Sun by the way,

Conditions were tough and I didn’t stay too long. It was drizzling, the surface was slippery, and I’m a total beginner at bike polo.

Have just checked with the boss and Tues is on!

Yeah, wuss that I am I didn’t brave it at all in the rain. Working til 5 this Sun but will rock down to hang out/beer/chat.

Participant

Yang Bing, a private van driver, got me second row tickets for 150 RMB per seat at Shu Feng Ya Yun a couple weeks ago. My wife loved the show!

If you want to use Yang Bing his cell is 136-5805-8464. He will provide free pickup take you there, wait for you and then drop off where you want to go after the show.

I would love to go. I have never seen a Chinese opera!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I would love to go. I have never seen a Chinese opera!

It is really cool, Sichuan Opera is definitely a must-see attraction of Chengdu. It’s really acrobatic.

Sweet, I’m excited. So, Tuesday? Where do we buy tickets? Anyone have an address?

Hey there Valerie, glad you’re going to join us! The address and the link to booking details is in the OP – shall we all book separately or should I book all together when we’ve got numbers?

L x

Participant

I’d be interested to go as well. If anyone could book me a ticket? My wallet got stolen the week before I got to China and I dont have a Chinese bank card yet so pretty screwed without someone booking for me 🙂

Hey Lino 🙂

Happy to book for you m’dear, shall we all book seperately then? xx

Participant

Much appreciated Lucy!

Hi everyone!

I’ve booked for Sandy, Iona, Lino, my friend Rob and me. There are still tickets available if you’d like to come, the number to call for bookings is 00 86 286 818 0968 and the lovely man at the other end speaks English.

You have to pay for the tickets in advance by going to the office – it’s no. 10, Ren Min Nan Lu, 4. Duan. I’m going to pick mine up this afternoon so if you want to call and reserve, then drop me a text, I’d be happy to pay there and then for yours? I have a day off today and the office is really near my flat, so it’s no bother.

I’m on 13882239592, just let me know if you’d like me to make a trip!

Really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

L xx

Keymaster

Hi Lucy,

I tried calling that number but it didn’t work. Can you grab a ticket for me? I will join you guys tomorrow night.

See ya’ll tomorrow!

Hey Charlie, no worries! Am just on my way out now so will pick one up.

How do people feel about dinner beforehand? I believe it starts at 8 (will double-check), so we could meet around 6.30 if people were up for it?

L xx

PS – if people are having problems with the number I have probably been a tit and written it down incorectly – check the link in my OP for the number and info about the performance!

Dinner and drinks would be nice before the show. I’m in.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.