Tippa Irie – Sun. 2nd March – Here We Go

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTippa Irie – Sun. 2nd March – Here We Go

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Cheers man. We went down there at 5pm to set everything up. The mics sounded terrible, bad enough to ruin the performance. Aqiao from Hemp House let us borrow some good quality XLR cables. She really saved the day, massive thanks to her for that. And we actually had 3 turntables there, not 1 as Tippa said a couple of times. He couldn’t see them as they were buried under a ton of gear.

I’ve got 5gb worth of video. Sound quality is ok but not great. I’ll edit it down and post the best bits.

Participant

Oooft. What a night! Anyone else struggling this morning?

Only got home at 6 something this morning… Really good night, great crowd, irie vibes all over… Tippa Irie delievering a stellar perfomance, riding some sweet riddims – and getting everyone excited. And the crowd returned the vibe… And then Tippa Irie & his Selector kept spinning 45’s till 5:30 something… Playing classic Reggae & Dancehall tunes from the 60ies – 10ies… Original Soundsystem vibrations…

Yes,… and like Charlie already mentioned – the sound was top, the bass felt right…

Andy & Dave! Thanks for an amazing night – and all the hard work for making this happen! Big up…! What’s next…?! Keep the fire burning…

Keymaster

I remember a few years back Shanghai’s Uprooted Sound System bringing Clive Chin through to the Hemp House on a Thursday night. They packed the place out which was pretty surprising considering the venue was twice the size as it is now and the weather wasn’t brilliant. Even though the main reason I went through was to see Clive Chin toasting the crowd in Chengdu (and to have the chance to listen to decent reggae and dancehall tunes) the thing I most remember most from the night was the wicked atmosphere, an amazing Chinese female MC named Cha Cha and loads of people I hadn’t seen for ages with big smiles on their faces. I know Charlie played some tunes that night, was anyone else there? Good times.

I got called out for not responding to this comment last night. That was an very memorable show though, it was an honor to host Uprooted Sunshine for their nationwide tour, not to mention Clive Chin who is amazingly a legendary Jamaican record producer who is half Chinese. That still blows my mind. Cha cha killed it that night and I remember she was selling her vinyl releases at a table along with Uprooted Sunshine t-shirts and other merch. I still have that record, I think the EP was titled “If you don’t know now, then you will”. Uprooted Sunshine, Cha Cha, Gaz, and the entire Shelter crew are pure class.

Only got home at 6 something this morning… Really good night, great crowd, irie vibes all over… Tippa Irie delievering a stellar perfomance, riding some sweet riddims – and getting everyone excited. And the crowd returned the vibe… And then Tippa Irie & his Selector kept spinning 45′s till 5:30 something… Playing classic Reggae & Dancehall tunes from the 60ies – 10ies… Original Soundsystem vibrations…

Spinning 45’s till 5am? Noooo… why did you have to post that. I didn’t want to leave at 12:30am but Sunday night cannot be a party night for me. I am envious of the Shelter who had him on a Saturday night at… the Shelter, which is what I imagine partying at the Bat Cave must be like.

Participant

What’s next…?! Keep the fire burning…

April 30th

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Spinning 45′s till 5am? Noooo… why did you have to post that. I didn’t want to leave at 12:30am but Sunday night cannot be a party night for me.

Didn’t look like it was going to end anytime soon when I was leaving at 2.45am. They were only supposed to play for 90 minutes, ended up playing for 6 hours. That’s legendary! Had to work 8.50am-8pm today. Officially dead now.

Participant

Spinning 45′s till 5am? Noooo… why did you have to post that. I didn’t want to leave at 12:30am

Like AM said – they were only supposed to play for 90 minutes. So who could have expected that. But it seemed they very much enjoyed the night, the crowd response and basically just were having a blast…

Some Chinese guest asking for ‘No Woman No Cry’ – and then going all karaoke over it… Tippa Irie handing over the mike…

For the last 30 something minutes Tippa was introducing each song “This is ‘the grand final’ “… just to play another song…

Long night…

Keymaster

Spinning 45?s till 5am? Noooo… why did you have to post that. I didn’t want to leave at 12:30am

Like AM said – they were only supposed to play for 90 minutes. So who could have expected that. But it seemed they very much enjoyed the night, the crowd response and basically just were having a blast… Some Chinese guest asking for ‘No Woman No Cry’ – and then going all karaoke over it… Tippa Irie handing over the mike… For the last 30 something minutes Tippa was introducing each song “This is ‘the grand final’ “… just to play another song… Long night…

Man it sounded like he was finishing up when I was walking to the elevator. He was thanking Chengdu and played Welcome to Jamrock.

Here’s a photo from last night:

High resolution image here

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.