Chinese Girl Slapped by Foreigner

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese Girl Slapped by Foreigner

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A Chinese girl was slapped by an unknown foreigner at Shamrock. Apparently he was very drunk even when the police arrived at the scene. Result- 20days administrative detention.

Chinese link:
    http://scnews.newssc.org/system/2013/08/22/013832290.shtml

if anyone ever catches me in the Shamrock, slap me too

to death

Keymaster

Interesting how they make this all racially charged: “Foreigner slaps Chinese Girl” to evoke maximum outrage. “Those barbaric foreigners, Chinese men would never slap a woman at a bar!”

“Journalism” demonizing outsiders is common in China, though: China’s Anti-American Column

Participant

Suspected scenario 1:

“Here you are sir, one Blue Sword”

“Thank you, how much is that?”

“20rmb”

… … … … … … … … … *SLAP*

Participant

Classy joint like Shamrock….I’m amazed.
    Visa rules just got tougher methinks….

Participant

Well at least he didn’t used falcon punch.

But man, i wish i was there to see that, i only go to bars to watch people making fools of themselves and that was a fine case.

Participant

A summary of front page headlines from Chengdu Today newspaper:
    “Man Buys Fridge: Is Satisfied”
    “Woman Trips On Sidewalk: Doctor: “She’s Ok””
    “Cat Climbs Tree. Exclusive photos”

Participant

Interesting how they make this all racially charged: “Foreigner slaps Chinese Girl” to evoke maximum outrage. “Those barbaric foreigners, Chinese men would never slap a woman at a bar!” “Journalism” demonizing outsiders is common in China, though: China’s Anti-American Column

all the countries have propaganda.  thats normal.

if a Chinese man do something like this, its also can be a news. But it wont be that  interesting  for audiences.

T.T why my signature is disappeared……

Keymaster

all the countries have propaganda. thats normal. if a Chinese man do something like this, its also can be a news. But it wont be that interesting for audiences.

That’s not normal and I think only Chinese people (and a few other countries) would find that normal because you’re subjected to that kind of bias from childhood and accept it as unavoidable (because it is, here).

“Us versus them” is a very Chinese mindset, which is why you often hear “我们中国人…” in China, or “你们外国人”. In that context, what does 外国人 even mean? All of the non-Chinese 6 billion people on earth? Lumped up together? It’s silly and demonstrates a lack of knowledge of the non-Chinese world.

Journalism in China is an absolute joke, though. I was interviewed by China Daily recently and they made up entirely fake quotes and published it in their paper and on their website. That’s China media, in a nutshell: hollow, fake, and unaccountable. I wrote a blog post about that event here.

Participant

The point? if you drink to much you can’t control yourself… and you can to be a problem for another people…

Maybe drink 1 or 2 beers is better than 5 bottle like usually…

Participant

Charlie, yes…’hollow, fake and unaccountable’. A few years ago Danny and I did an interview with a Sichuan paper and television station. After them asking for months to come talk to us about doing business in China as FOREIGNERS we finally let them. We were told it would be rude not to accept their gracious offer of HELPING our business. We knew it would be ridiculous.

The questions were as followed: Can you use chopsticks? Can you “handle” spicy food? Do locals like ‘han bao bao’???

Then when the article came out it, it portrayed us as unknowledgeable young Americans shaking martinis in Chengdu! The other half focused on how I am 21 months (stated specifically as 21) older than my husband!!!! How can the woman be older??

Danny was asked questions about his feelings on Chinese women and how he remains faithful with all these THIN, beautiful women around!!!!

I was never asked about my feelings on Chinese men.

So incredibly insulting.

Keymaster

Charlie, yes…’hollow, fake and unaccountable’. A few years ago Danny and I did an interview with a Sichuan paper and television station. After them asking for months to come talk to us about doing business in China as FOREIGNERS we finally let them. We were told it would be rude not to accept their gracious offer of HELPING our business. We knew it would be ridiculous. The questions were as followed: Can you use chopsticks? Can you “handle” spicy food? Do locals like ‘han bao bao’??? Then when the article came out it, it portrayed us as unknowledgeable young Americans shaking martinis in Chengdu! The other half focused on how I am 21 months (stated specifically as 21) older than my husband!!!! How can the woman be older?? Danny was asked questions about his feelings on Chinese women and how he remains faithful with all these THIN, beautiful women around!!!! I was never asked about my feelings on Chinese men. So incredibly insulting.

Mainland China: where you either laugh at how backwards it is or you go insane.

A summary of front page headlines from Chengdu Today newspaper:
    “Man Buys Fridge: Is Satisfied”
    “Woman Trips On Sidewalk: Doctor: “She’s Ok””
    “Cat Climbs Tree. Exclusive photos”

Too funny. Let’s band together and start an ironic newspaper that publishes headlines like this.

Participant

Sure, why newspaper don’t speak about the problem of drinking? …like Charlie said, “where you either laugh at how backwards it is or you go insane.”

Participant

@Dana

there are some cultural misunderstanding

sometimes they dont even know the questions will offending. sure sometimes they wanna catch some “special” points .

btw,i  love the new food: Fajita,so good

Participant

…everywhere in the world the problem of drinking can’t to be a “cultural misunderstanding” …this is a fault of the society and maybe will be better change this…

Participant

I have a drinking problem – my problem is I have to go too far to pick up more beer!

Participant

This is where I get my hard hitting journalism from in China.

Front Page

Keymaster

This is where I get my hard hitting journalism from in China. http://chinadailyshow.com/

That site is hilarious. Definitely one of the best China blogs out there. I’m glad you mentioned it because I haven’t read it recently (missing great posts like this, hahaha).

Participant

Yeah that post is funny as hell

Participant

I have a drinking problem – my problem is I have to go too far to pick up more beer!

Ahahahah is better because I think that we are offtopic, I need a pint of Guinness… at Shamrock?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.