Urgent….Work Visa in Hongkong

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionUrgent….Work Visa in Hongkong

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Quote:
    If you arrive in Shenzhen early morning it’s deffinately possible to do in a day. Just arrive at the visa agency before 9am.

Mission impossible 🙂 My flight is at 7AM and I only arrive in Shenzhen at 9… I don’t think there are any earlier flights, and even if there were, it would still not be early enough to make it to the agency before 9AM going from Shenzhen

Might be able to drop the passport before 1PM and pick it up aroud 6PM, and catch a late flight. But it’s too much stress, beter just find somewhere to stay or something to do for a night in HK imo

Participant

Just to be sure: going back is the same process? Head to the same bus stop in HK and take that bus back to Shenzhen?

Got 6-7 hours between picking up passport and catching the plane so that should be more than enough.

How much is the bus fee btw?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just to be sure: going back is the same process? Head to the same bus stop in HK and take that bus back to Shenzhen?

Got 6-7 hours between picking up passport and catching the plane so that should be more than enough.

How much is the bus fee btw?

You can go back the way you came or there are other places you can catch a bus to the Shenzhen airport. I’m not sure of the cost, Google will tell you. Something in the 50-yuan range if I’m not mistaken.

Participant

I never took a bus in HK, just the subway to the border and you can walk into Shenzhen. There are lots of busses at the border in Shenzhen I’m sure to the airport too.

Participant

I’d like to get my Z visa in HK too. I have all of the required letters and docs from my employer.

But, my problem is my Confirmation Letter of Invitation has USA listed as the embassy location to go to. (I requested HR to list Hong Kong as the embassy location, but HR told me they couldn’t do it. They had to list my home country.)

Anyway, my letter says USA. The rest of my stuff is in order.

At this point, I’d rather have an agent handle it. Maybe they would have a better chance of getting it resolved. I’ve contacted the agents listed previously here, waiting for their replies.

What do you guys think my chances are on still being able to get it in HK?

Participant

My invitation letter is addressed to hongkong! My office did it for me without any consultant and its the first time they did this visa thing. So, i suggest you confirm again with ur office if they can change it to hongkong! Or going with a consultant isnt bad if ur willing to spend some (probably a lot) money.

Participant

So HR does have the ability to select Hong Kong?

See 4 weeks ago I told my HR to list Hong Kong on it.

Then two days ago I receive this Confirmation Letter from him with USA…and my HR gets very defensive insisting he never told me he could list Hong Kong..insisting the only way it could be done is by listing USA blah blah.

But now I’m hearing that university HR departments use an online website to request Confirmation Letters, and that they do have the ability to select Hong Kong.

Participant

Hey guys, this is my first post and this thread is a little old, please don’t be angry lol. I was looking at the 6 month F visas from agencies in HK. I read elsewhere that Americans can only get ones where you must re-enter every 30 days, which would be a pain in the ass unless you live right on the border. So my question is, those of you who did get the 6 month F visa, are you American, and did it have that limitation? Thanks y’all. 🙂

I’m not American, but I can tell you that you will be able to obtain a 6 month multiple entry visa. The only difference is that as an American you may very well pay more than any other nationality for it.

Bum rap.

Participant

Paying more isn’t that big of a deal since it’ll save me from a lot of stress in the long run, as long as I don’t have to leave the country every month! Thanks man.

Participant

Apologies if I’m repeating anything you feel like has been asked already, newbie here and just wanting to make sure in case anything has changed recently in terms of visa regulations, etc.

I’ll be heading to Chengdu directly from teaching in Korea in late August. I’ve been formally offered a job at Tian Fu College/SWUFE, and am just waiting on the Letter of Invitation and other documents to arrive. I want to fly to HK for a short holiday/visa run. Should I be sure to ask the HR at the school to write “Hong Kong” on the documents? And be sure to bring along my degree, stamped medical test, TESOL, reference letters, other documents they might want to look at?

Also, I’m a Canadian citizen and it seems like this will be no problem for me. However, my girlfriend is South Africa and from some online searching it seems like she might have to head all the way home? Any possible insight on this? Thanks.

Participant

Regarding your girlfriend’s visa I’d advise you to get in touch with an agency in Hong Kong by email or phone and ask. I’m using this one: http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.