Where Can I Get Cookie Dough?

HomeForumsIn ChengduWhere Can I Get Cookie Dough?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

More info about where to find products is always welcome, but please be more specific than the unhelpful ‘a store in the fish market area’. Where is that area, and which store is it?

Participant

Well, since you asked so nicely….here’s a link to info on it <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/2401/beyond_the_supermarket_chengdus_specialty_markets</span&gt;

The fish market is located just southeast of Tianfu Square. The store I frequent (& who delivers, <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>phone #: 88828820/139-8050-8808- </span>but you have to speak Chinese) is on the corner of Qingshiqiao Street & Xiangyang Street. There’s a 7-11 across the street from it. There are also several other places carrying a variety of imported items throughout stores along Xingyang Street & Qingshiqiao Street.

Participant

Thanks! Sorry for my tone, I did not intend to be unkind. I just meet so many people who tell me to go to ´some place over there´ to find things, without being specific, and it is so difficult to find places and things if you don´t read chinese. Thanks for your information!

Participant

The “fish market area” is sort of a secret that nobody new to Chengdu knows unless you read [this forum] in detail, eat late night seafood bbq, or happen to somehow wander into the magic square near downtown. The great steaks (typically a ‘cheap’ 85/lb Angus side) I cut are on the 2nd floor in the same complex.. wandering and negotiating can find a few specific great deals, but I still think http://www.waifood.com offers a better ‘general’ purchase than the few gems I can find at the market there. Except steaks, bacon, and burrito wraps.

I just ordered a stack of 10 of the ‘front page’ pizza burritos after trying each flavour, 15 kuai each, not too bad for a quick snack, and lots of Bacardi @ 60rmb/bottle (is that super cheap or am I missing something?)

Keymaster

lots of Bacardi @ 60rmb/bottle (is that super cheap or am I missing something?)

That’s suspiciously cheap. Bacardi costs twice that much in America.

Participant

Yes, the fish market is a surprising interesting area.
    Bought a huge block of Gouda cheese of nearly 3.5kg there yesterday for 260 rmb.

And a kg of bacon for 25rmb. Certainly a great price in my mind.

On topic: didn’t see any cookie dough there though…

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.