Where to Watch the Superbowl?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere to Watch the Superbowl?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So i rarely watch the Superbowl, but the only reason i would be in the vicinity of a TV that shows this sport is to hang out with friends, wings and pizza… So my question is… Which bar will show this game? Heck, since i ‘aint’ home, i might as well watch it (im picking the Boys in Blue, GIANTS GIANTS GO GO GO!).. But i doubt any bar will open at 8AM on a Monday… I miss wings :'(

Meh, worst case ill stream it on my laptop at work, wear my G-men jersey (when they clinch the super bowl :P), downing soda and chips (all at 8 AM) then go to class on a sugar high!!

Participant

Last year a bunch of people watched it in the Leg & Whistle but it was still during Chinese new year so people didn’t have to worry about work. Most people stayed there all night and were a bit ‘merry’ by the time it started. I doubt they’ll open for it this year.

The Shamrock will definitely open for it.

Participant

Last year a bunch of people watched it in the Leg & Whistle but it was still during Chinese new year so people didn’t have to worry about work. Most people stayed there all night and were a bit ‘merry’ by the time it started. I doubt they’ll open for it this year.

The Shamrock will definitely open for it.

Participant

Jerry S: I know you’re a huge fan of the Shamrock (read your post on the OTHER website)and you’ll be happy to know that they will probably show it, complete with creepy old guys and green card girls…

(actually, i dont dig that place either)

Participant

Jerry S: I know you’re a huge fan of the Shamrock (read your post on the OTHER website)and you’ll be happy to know that they will probably show it, complete with creepy old guys and green card girls…

Participant
    Quote:

Same here, but I also couldn’t care less about rugby/football/soccer/whatever 🙂 So far for my contribution to this thread!

Also, this:

3849.jpg

Participant
    Quote:

Same here, but I also couldn’t care less about rugby/football/soccer/whatever 🙂 So far for my contribution to this thread!

Also, this:

3849.jpg

Participant

Gotta say that gridiron/American football is a mystery to me. Remember hearing once that some players, in their entire careers, will never actually touch the ball! That’s gotta suck (kinda like when i play soccer. I never touch the ball either).

Participant

Gotta say that gridiron/American football is a mystery to me. Remember hearing once that some players, in their entire careers, will never actually touch the ball! That’s gotta suck (kinda like when i play soccer. I never touch the ball either).

Participant

heh, wonder how you knows tis be me 😛

Yea, ill i doubt those creeps will be hunting chicks at 5-8 AM, perfect to enjoy a Jameson…. Wish pug had a TV AND opened that early… Something to ask them later this week!

Handball! Oww the truism it holds, yet ‘football’ is an American past time that its an industry within itself! Superbowl= commercials, another reason why its ‘an american pasttime.’

Participant

heh, wonder how you knows tis be me 😛

Yea, ill i doubt those creeps will be hunting chicks at 5-8 AM, perfect to enjoy a Jameson…. Wish pug had a TV AND opened that early… Something to ask them later this week!

Handball! Oww the truism it holds, yet ‘football’ is an American past time that its an industry within itself! Superbowl= commercials, another reason why its ‘an american pasttime.’

Keymaster

Shamrock might be your only choice. Even if there were other places open, it’ll probably be the best choice anyway if you want to watch the game with other people who have a clue what football is about (handegg jokes etc).

Anyone know if they show the Superbowl live on Chinese tv? A few years ago Sascha and I watched the NBA Finals live at the Herijun spa on Nijiaqiao Road while getting foot massages. Worked for World Cup also but the Superbowl might not be broadcast on normal tv in China.

Keymaster

Shamrock might be your only choice. Even if there were other places open, it’ll probably be the best choice anyway if you want to watch the game with other people who have a clue what football is about (handegg jokes etc).

Anyone know if they show the Superbowl live on Chinese tv? A few years ago Sascha and I watched the NBA Finals live at the Herijun spa on Nijiaqiao Road while getting foot massages. Worked for World Cup also but the Superbowl might not be broadcast on normal tv in China.

Participant

I think it’ll only be available on satellite, especially if regular games aren’t shown on normal TV.

I’m 90% certain that it wasn’t on the HK or Chinese satellite last year, only the Thai one.

If that’s the case the only place you can watch it is the shamrock.

Participant

I think it’ll only be available on satellite, especially if regular games aren’t shown on normal TV.

I’m 90% certain that it wasn’t on the HK or Chinese satellite last year, only the Thai one.

If that’s the case the only place you can watch it is the shamrock.

Participant

They will have it at the Shamrock. They usually open at like 6:30am and will serve breakfast (Mmmm… steak and eggs) and drinks.

They use to have it at Mooney’s, but not sure if they will be showing it this year or not. Anyone know?

Participant

They will have it at the Shamrock. They usually open at like 6:30am and will serve breakfast (Mmmm… steak and eggs) and drinks.

They use to have it at Mooney’s, but not sure if they will be showing it this year or not. Anyone know?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.