Will I be able to use Facebook / Gmail in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWill I be able to use Facebook / Gmail in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Obviously if the (G)Mail app would get blocked your mails wouldn’t work with Push notification anymore, so that’d be kind of lame.

I think Push Notifications work outside of the normal system and are thus not being blocked. I get Push Notifications from the Twitter and Facebook apps without having the VPN enabled on iPhone.

Hmm I noticed that I couldn’t check my GMail yesterday. It’s working for me now. Market sort of works from my phone. I can’t access any paid apps. = I was just about to buy the nciku app too. irritating

I know that google.com is supposedly blocked, but I can still access it intermittently? Does anyone else have this experience?

I’ve found that I often can’t load imgur images.

How’s a dude supposed to browse reddit?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I know that google.com is supposedly blocked, but I can still access it intermittently? Does anyone else have this experience?

Yeah, Google will often load but will only return one page of results every few minutes. Instead of it being blocked outright, it’s being blocked in a way to make it look like Google is highly unreliable. You need a VPN to get reliable access.

Quote:
    I’ve found that I often can’t load imgur images.

How’s a dude supposed to browse reddit?

I noticed the same thing a few days ago but now it’s working for me. I think it was just temporary.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.